Idea for FM2013 - Second Team/Reserves

In 2012 some of the sides in the premier league don't have reserve teams which play in competitive leagues and can only play friendlies.

I think that perhaps there should be an option to 'interact with the board' regarding them entering your reserve team into a competitive league, so that up and coming players who are too old to be in your U19's team, but not yet good enough to play for the 1st team can still have something to work towards - and also give the manager another goal to aspire towards.

Maybe have the option to compete to get them into more than just a reserves league after a whilst too, like 'Barcelona B', so that you could compete in the worthwhilst cups and have the goal of winning the Premier League and Championship, or take on Barcelona with their goals of the Liga BBVA and Adelante.

Or alternatively have the option of setting up another youth squad, like some European sides have U18's some have U19's some have U21's.... maybe you could have the option to set up an U21's team alongside your U18's which would serve a similar purpose of giving competitive fixtures to younger players who after hitting 19 would be stuck in the reserves team until 24 when they can compete for a first team place.

I think that's not an overly ambitious, unacheivable idea. It only allows you greater opportunity to access and maneuvre with features which are already included in the game.

Welcome to the forums. I don't want to rain on your parade but there are reasons some of your suggestions aren't in the game, or even that they already are.

1.) You do get asked at the start of every season, after the first, whether you want to enter a reserve and/or under 18 team in their respective leagues.

2.) There are only certain countries where you are able to enter a 'B' team in a competitive league, for instance it isn't allowed in England. Even where it is allowed, the B team can never be in the same or higher divison than the first team.

3.) I think whether you have under 18, 19 or 21 squads depends on the rules of the league you are managing in. In England it's the under 18's league.

Archived