Who Would Buy ... A Novel Set in the FM Universe ....

Just as the heading suggests ... if there was a novel out there about the tribulations of a football manager, his relationship with his team and the board, set over, say, ten years, is that the kind of thing the fans would read?

Obviously, a little creative license would need to be applied in terms of off-the-field stuff, but everything to do with the club could be written as it happens ... as a diary etc.

Would that interest people, and how do people think it could be kept manageable? Obviously, you wouldn't want to write down EVERY detail ... that would be mad.

Imagine the feedback:

- The book was to easy to read

- The book was too hard to read

- it left me feeling euphoric

- it left me feeling depressed

- it was good when reading pages in order going forwards

- it was terrible when going backwards through book

- wrong translation

- too many words

- too many pictures

LOL go for it!

Imagine the feedback:

- The book was to easy to read

- The book was too hard to read

- it left me feeling euphoric

- it left me feeling depressed

- it was good when reading pages in order going forwards

- it was terrible when going backwards through book

- wrong translation

- too many words

- too many pictures

LOL go for it!

I told the book I was pleased with it. It looked angered.

Caleyjag (SI Mod) did this with a fictonal team he always plays on FM and starts in the bottom Scottish Divisions. He even managed to get it published and in hardback form. He didn't do it for others to read really although they could buy a copy if they wanted. He just did it for something to remember and to try something different. Was a great read really. It was based on this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/12812-Story-Of-An-Aspiring-Manager-From-Unemployment-To-Glory but a lot more detailed and included pictures etc.

I remember the book "The Manageress" back in the late 80ies. Should be close to what you are thinking about. I believe it even went on to be a short TV series.

Anyway, guess that shows there is a market for that kind of stuff. Not sure if that's still true when the story follows a career from FM though.

Archived