Feeder Team (for merchandising purpose)

Is it worth it? I just try it and the yearly cost completely blow me away. The one I have right now costs me only 45k a year (scunthorpe) and 57k (krasnodar). I asked the board to get an affiliate team to promote team brand overseas and they returned with 5 options, the most expensive one cost a cool 2.5 mil a year!!! (New England Revolution), while the cheapest one, the one that I finally chose still costs 643K (Dallas FC)... Is it actually worth it? Will my merchandise income actually increase by more than that? Seems like a crazy amount just to have an affiliate team...

643K per year is fairly cheap!! What team are you?

I'm Arsenal with New England and Guangzhou as affiliates. I pay out £2.7m altogether. As as a reward they will help me bring in £18m of merchandising per year in total.

Obviously most of this income is domestic, and it's hard to tell how succesful a foreign merchandising link can be, but it's always worthwhile. You tend to get your money back.

Plus, on occasions you will be invited to tour USA in pre-season. Which is nice.

I'm barnsley on 2nd year of premiership... Now I look back at it I probably rushed the decision to make that kind of connection a bit :p. My mechandise sale last year made me 4.6 mil while so far this season (jan 5, so a little over half way) I had made $5 mil, but I guess I'll check what difference it will make in the next couple of years. It would be great if I actually make money of this. I was really surprised at the costs though since the other affiliates that I had costs so little :p

Archived