You cannot make a contract offer for this person - why!

So I am trying to sign a new coach, I agree the contract but don't spot I had it set to youth coach. He agrees but the board cancel due to not needing another youth coach. Now I go to offer him a new contract and it wont let me it says "You cannot make a contract offer for this person. Until a team accepts an offer all you can do is wait"

This man is a free agent, no team attached. It has done it with other coaches too, what can I do?

it also does this with players if they are free agents, and if they reject or you cancel a contract offer, to fix it with the player i offer him a trial and then cancel it and it then takes me to the offer contract page automatically but obviously you cant offer a coach a trial so dont know away around it for coaches but it must be a glitch

I assume its a glitch too, but the thing is it didn't used to be there, its like SI are putting more in while "updating" the game to remove them.

He was going to be a great coach too.

It is not a glitch, it is intentional. If a company withdraws a contract offer we have both agreed to, you better believe I wouldn't be talking to them the next day. It is hardly a good advert when the manager and board can't agree or know what is going on in their own company is it, and the player won't know or care who is to blame.

I would agree that the message needs clarity though, it should say the coach is not prepared to re-enter talks with you so soon after you reneged on an offer instead of the current message.

Archived