The Rise and Fall of Promising Players

I don't know if i am doing something wrong with training, but I do notice that some promising players can deteriote the followings seasons fairly rapidly.

What looked like the next Wayne Rooney, can end up being the next Danny Cadamaterie.

Is this intentional or just bad management. I assume it is intentional and i love this aspect of the game because there are so many players like this (Gallen,Branch,Mellor,Jeffers,Duberry etc) and it is a notable addition to the game.

I don't know if i am doing something wrong with training, but I do notice that some promising players can deteriote the followings seasons fairly rapidly.

What looked like the next Wayne Rooney, can end up being the next Danny Cadamaterie.

Is this intentional or just bad management. I assume it is intentional and i love this aspect of the game because there are so many players like this (Gallen,Branch,Mellor,Jeffers,Duberry etc) and it is a notable addition to the game.

• SI Staff

It is intentional that young players can flourish and decline somewhat 'dramatically' in their early years .... how consistently you can 'raise' such talent through the ranks depends a lot on how you handle them both in training but also on the pitch and in the media.

(see the other thread you started for a couple of examples of this pertaining to hidden stats)

Archived