Why Does This Guy Score So Much?

I don't understand how this striker scores so many goals. He's awful. He can't shoot, he isn't composed, he can't jump, he can't head. He can just about run and make a bit of space for himself. His touch is awful. He can't run with it. Tremendously lazy and generally can't be arsed. I have three other strikers in my team who beat this guy in more or less every stat and yet they can't hit a barn door. This guy was my top scorer last year and is on course to be again this year. He'd probably be closer to a record of 1 in 1 if he wasn't injured at the start of the season.

If he was a free transfer, I wouldn't even look at him.

http://i42.tinypic.com/293j4lu.jpg

So, does anyone know how this guy just keeps on putting the ball in the net despite being the worst striker in the team and probably the league?

Might be worth peeking at his hidden attributes if you're really curious.

He does have some things going for him. He's fairly fit, and has has OK Anticipation; which is is a huge, huge stat, imo probably rivaling Pace in terms of overall importance. He is pretty committed too, with comparatively high aggression and bravery.

How does he score goals? My guess would be that most of them are basically on the goal line.

He has pretty good stamina and speed for that level, and you know speed is an overpowered attribute especially for striker.

to OP, this dude just answered your question, strikers with great speed will leave defenders behind and have more freedom to shoot. build a team around fast strikers,wingers and AMC and watch your team destroy almost every game with no less then 3 goals

He isn't actually terrible for the level, plus it could just be luck. Albeit you wouldn't expect luck to last two seasons, but it's not impossible. I think if you play with edited league files, weird things are more likely to happen at levels the game isn't designed to cope with as well.

Archived