The World Awards... Are they even realistic???

You may not be familiar, but I run a sign-up on the challengers, sign-up's and experiments forum FOUND HERE...

Basically, throughout the sign-up, i've noticed that the World Awards; World Player Of The Year, World Golden Ball and World Team Of The Year have been very unrealistic! We have a player called Edoardo Lorenzo who has been so consistent, especially in our last season, that it's unbelievable he hasn't even been in the top 3 of the World Player Of The Year or the World Golden Ball. Unbelievable as it is, he wasn't even in the first 11 of the World Team Of The Year despite having his best season ever and playing for Liverpool... He was on the shortlist for the first time and appeared to be the second best in terms of average match rating!

Here's a great example of something unrealistic...

Ben Goldsmith who is another one of our players and in 2022, including other years, was chosen for the shortlist for World Golden Ball... Here are the stats for Goldsmith and Lorenzo!

Lorenzo - Ajax

Goals - 32

Assists - 12

MOM's - 12

AVMR - 8.03

Goldsmith - Southampton

Goals - 20

Assists - 1

MOM's - 2

AVMR - 6.95

Lorenzo was playing in the Champions League, whilst Goldsmith wasn't even playing in the Europa League and his team were avoiding relegation...

Lorenzo then moved to Liverpool in 2023 and still hasn't been picked for the World Golden Ball shortlist despite having better seasons than the one above!

What do you think about this? Is it unrealistic on your game?

yes, i am in champions league semi finals right now.

my main striker welbeck has scored 11 in this cup... messi only 5

welbeck has scored 24 in the premier league as well. and 49 in total so far this season

not even nominated.

That could be explained as the World Awards are based on the annual calendar rather than the seasonal calendar. The thing with Lorenzo is that hes gone around 4 seasons getting 8.00 and above and scoring bucket loads.

should be done not on reputation but on on the pitch performances, it needs fixing.

player of the month is done this way why not these awards?

i have wilfried winning african player or the year

cosic winning serbian press player of the year award.

so these are not rep based. seems strange to me

yes, definitely a problem... once i was in a second season and neither Messi nor Ronaldo were even nominated... I couldn't quite believe it. There were 7 Chelsea players on the shortlist, and they came a lowly 10th in the League, not even getting far in any other competition...

I hope they've fixed it in the January Transfer Update...

Well his reputation is Worldwide so I can't see it being on reputation... I might be wrong though.

It does need fixing though in my opinion and Scott MUFC is right.

Worldwide is only the ingame term for a reputation range of x-10000. So if Messi has e.g. 9999, your player will have no chance, although he might be "worldwide" as well.

Its been like this for years and it always irratates me in long term saves. You can see in the voting list players who have had a whole year with an AVR of over 8.00 But often the same guy wins it year after year because hes got a higher rep.

I mostly see the same players getting it, but players who are plausible in terms of reputation+performance rather than performance alone getting it.

To be honest, real life sees reputation as the biggest factor as well, although I'm not saying it couldn't be improved in FM, it clearly can.

• Administrators

Yeah we're aware of an issue with this - on the one had reps do need to be high (judging by real life it's rare a player at a non-major club even gets shortlisted) but we think the cut-off point was too high. We're looking into this.

Yeah we're aware of an issue with this - on the one had reps do need to be high (judging by real life it's rare a player at a non-major club even gets shortlisted) but we think the cut-off point was too high. We're looking into this.

Thanks for letting me know, and hope it's sorted for FM13 :) It wouldn't normally bother me, but with my sign-up, I have a points system and winning this award gains players points. I do think your right though, the cut-off point is too high, because Edoardo Lorenzo is playing for Liverpool who are winning the Premiership often and he has a CA of around 195, so his reputation can't be that low really. It's definately World Class, but I couldn't tell you an exact number.

Archived