Manager of the Year

So i just finished my first season in the Prem with Newcastle and I came third which is obviously a big surprise! but the Manager of the Year comes round and SAF wins it as he won the title, fair enough, still think I did better than him as Man United are always expected to be up there. Second and makes no sense was Tony Pulis who got Stoke to 9th, 5 places higher then what they were expected and then 3rd was Mancini for finishing 2nd. Every way I look at this it just makes no sense what so ever! Kinda takes away from a quality season!

Just to add Stoke didn't win a Cup or anything, just finished 9th where as me expected to finish 9th end up 3rd, in the group stages for the CL and don't get anything. They've gotta fix stuff like this to make it more realistic!

No strange thing here.

For years we have been playing and paying for a very flawed system called CA/PA. Basically those PA affect most of thing reputaionwise ingame. And no, SI don't have planned to enhance it because there are no more competition in market.

In the past the developer wouldn't take drastic measure and try to perfect the game but since the competition is not there anymore they started stuff such like steam and god knows what next. An data update pack for sale ?

No strange thing here.

For years we have been playing and paying for a very flawed system called CA/PA. Basically those PA affect most of thing reputaionwise ingame. And no, SI don't have planned to enhance it because there are no more competition in market.

In the past the developer wouldn't take drastic measure and try to perfect the game but since the competition is not there anymore they started stuff such like steam and god knows what next. An data update pack for sale ?

You mean like FM12 was? with the addition of leagues? :p

No strange thing here.

Such a misinformed comment. Not to mention it has nothing to do with the topic.

I've had something similar myself, expected to finish last in league 2 but I end up stealing 3rd and I get runner-up Manager of the Year to a team who won the play offs and were expected to finish mid-table

If you look back, almost all managers of the year (irl) are the league winners, so it's realistic for SAF to win. I also think Pulis getting Stoke to 5th is at least as worthy an achievement as you getting Newcastle to 3rd (can I assume you made 1 or 2 high reputation signings to get there, where as Stoke probably didn't?). Mancini getting City to 2nd is no great achievement given their squad, so you were definitely hard done by there.

Not that any of it really matters tbh.

i remember winning all 5 games in a month and didnt win manager of the month. it went to wenger who won 3 drew 2

i was swansea first season

infact i have never won manager of the month or year on FM2012 seems to be impossible even if i go unbeaten, win the league or put a poor side in the top half

MillerrNufc,

Looking at the FM 2012 editor it would appear many Awards can be added or modified. I first thought this would be incredible with unlimited Award options and almost any criteria/stats used that the game calculates, but that doesn't seem to fully be the case. There is a Details / Rules section for each award. Details section has free-form numerical fields for Reputation, National Reputation, Home Reputation, Winner Home Reputation, Winner World Reputation. One of the Rules section fields are "Award Type" - but under that pull-down there are a only a handful of criteria to pick (i.e. for Manger of Year it is "Head Coach").

Perhaps the Home Winner Reputation field (which is set to 150 for the Manger award) weights it for the League Winner. that being said, I don't see how the "head Coach" field in Rules section contributes to this, or how finishing 5th, when predicted to finish 16th, factors in who wins it.

If that Rules section could be expanded, it would really be neat to create almost any kind of Award you could think of. I already plan to create some semi-silly ones like Golden Defensive Boot , most goals by a defensive player, and an Assist leader.

i remember winning all 5 games in a month and didnt win manager of the month. it went to wenger who won 3 drew 2

i was swansea first season

infact i have never won manager of the month or year on FM2012 seems to be impossible even if i go unbeaten, win the league or put a poor side in the top half

You've never won manager of the month for going unbeaten or manager of the year for winning the league? Never??? Calling BS on that.

• Administrators

That may have happened if you've holidayed through matches, otherwise I'd suggest from what xtradj has put that's highly unlikely. May be worth logging on the bugs forum if you haven't holidayed.

If you look back, almost all managers of the year (irl) are the league winners, so it's realistic for SAF to win. I also think Pulis getting Stoke to 5th is at least as worthy an achievement as you getting Newcastle to 3rd (can I assume you made 1 or 2 high reputation signings to get there, where as Stoke probably didn't?). Mancini getting City to 2nd is no great achievement given their squad, so you were definitely hard done by there.

Not that any of it really matters tbh.

I think you misread... I meant Stoke finished 9th, 5 places ahead of where they were expected to finish. Signings were Roux (who was the signing of the season so more reason for me to get credit? obviously not!), Tomkins and Shaqiri who i bought in Jan.

Archived