How to play against Attacking sides!

How the fook do you beat teams that come out and attack??!

I play 4-2-4, and when teams sit back, i beat them. But when i play sides like Man Utd, Newcastle and Arsenal who attack, my team goes to pots.

What i did once or twice early on in a season when playing against these sides was, i tried pressuring them, whilst getting men behind the ball and hitting the on the break. But it only worked twice. Whenever i use it i dont win.

When i play my natural game, i still either draw or lose heavily. My natural game involves pressuring the opponents, short passing and nothing else. No counter attacking and no getting men behind the ball.

Can someone else who struggled against these sort of sides explain what they do to conquer the attacking sides?? Please??

How the fook do you beat teams that come out and attack??!

I play 4-2-4, and when teams sit back, i beat them. But when i play sides like Man Utd, Newcastle and Arsenal who attack, my team goes to pots.

What i did once or twice early on in a season when playing against these sides was, i tried pressuring them, whilst getting men behind the ball and hitting the on the break. But it only worked twice. Whenever i use it i dont win.

When i play my natural game, i still either draw or lose heavily. My natural game involves pressuring the opponents, short passing and nothing else. No counter attacking and no getting men behind the ball.

Can someone else who struggled against these sort of sides explain what they do to conquer the attacking sides?? Please??

I have had some good away results with Liverpool against the lkes of Barca, Real Madrid, Man Utd etc. I play 4 5 1 against these teams with Stevie G Pushing Forward and two DMC's eiether side

Ment - Normal

Passing - Short

Pressing Yes

FenerbacheFan, i have set my teams mentality to attack. It worked well in the beginning, but later on in the season when i had to start rotating my team due to suspensions/injuries/fatigue it went to pots and after being 5 points clear at the top of the Premiership, i ended up finishing 10 points behind top in 4th spot.

But when i play with my intial 1st XI that started the season, it works!

It's a mystery, but i think it's to do with my CM pairing of Huddlestone and Fabregas. Even thought their ratings arent great for games, 5-7, i win whjen they are paired together, or at least one of them is playing.

Archived