I'm finally on the verge of winning!

This is the first year I've had Football Manager, and the first save I've ever had on it. I can't believe it took me so long to find this fantastic game but wow is it ever great. I started off with Paris FC in the French 3rd tier, and I've been playing this save for 5 months now. I finally have my team ready to win, after years of not being able to touch the big three in France. I'm top by 5 points with 7 games left in the season, and I'm 11 points up on 4th place Lyon for the final Champions League place (which has been my goal for years).

Just had to share this as it's such a rewarding feeling when you finally get your team over the hump. Looking forward to playing this game for a long long time.

Yes it's a good feeling. I'm on my last save before the new patch arrives. I have one more "hero" achievement, it's in Italy, I'm Perugia, and I'm almost in the Serie A, but I won't stop until I've won the league and Champions League at least twice.

This may sound like a stupid question and I think I know the answer already but when doing the hero achievements is it the lowest playable league to start in or just the lowest league you load. I think it's lowest playable but just curious

Congrats mate on doing so well, I may start a game with Paris once the patch is out

how do you manage to sustain it? I'm doing the same with Forest Green Rovers but they just cant keep the finances going. I keep a dead low wage bill but we end up in debt and the stadium is only 3,000 people so it feels like we will never get enough money to expand and bring in more, now looking for another job as its too frustrating, in league one now and have no hope of expanding.

how do you manage to sustain it? I'm doing the same with Forest Green Rovers but they just cant keep the finances going. I keep a dead low wage bill but we end up in debt and the stadium is only 3,000 people so it feels like we will never get enough money to expand and bring in more, now looking for another job as its too frustrating, in league one now and have no hope of expanding.

best way i've learnt is to buy lots of youngers with high pa+ get gd scounts and every season get about 4-5 if you can, and use them and sell the ones you bought before you can make bout prettty big profit this way if you do it correctly, need to get good training, and gd tutors, but its extreamly worthwhile if you can pull it off until your team can self sustain

best way i've learnt is to buy lots of youngers with high pa+ get gd scounts and every season get about 4-5 if you can, and use them and sell the ones you bought before you can make bout prettty big profit this way if you do it correctly, need to get good training, and gd tutors, but its extreamly worthwhile if you can pull it off until your team can self sustain

Spot on. Playing Serie C1 now after winning C2 in my 3rd season. Have 2 youngsters bought on frees who are both now each worth £150k......haven't had to sell them yet thankfully but at least it adds a bit of security

On that subject. Inter released Andrea Romano, a MC who became my star player, scoring screamers from outside and becoming my captain at 23 years old in Serie B. Wigan came and bought him for 2 Millions...

Heart breaking to see him go, but he had a go at premiership... God bless you kid

Then English Hero was definitely the biggest challenge.

I just sell off the bad, take in the good. All the way up to nPower Championships, all my transfers were free's. And I sold off the rest of the players. So I'm never buying a player, just taking them on free.

Also signing Loans works wonders. I think in my English save, I had 4 players on loan from Prem teams, they were just class.

On that subject. Inter released Andrea Romano, a MC who became my star player, scoring screamers from outside and becoming my captain at 23 years old in Serie B. Wigan came and bought him for 2 Millions...

Heart breaking to see him go, but he had a go at premiership... God bless you kid[/QUOT

Yeah 1 of my youngsters is still only 19 but in his 2nd season as club captain

Well sustaining it will be my next task, but my club has been turning a profit consistantly. My stadium holds 25,000 people but it hasnt sold out once in the 9 years I've had the job. I average about 8,000 spectators and about 15,000 vs PSG. Getting into the Champions League for the first time should help finances quite a bit.

Archived