Question about newgens appearing in other countries.

First things first: I'm managing a Canadian club (Vancouver FC) that plays in a United States league (MLS).

Now, if I remember correctly, people that play in other leagues (England, for example) will sometimes have newgens appear in their youth academies from other nations. However, upon searching my scouting database (I have 14 scouts spanning the globe) I have yet to find a single Canadian newgen playing anywhere outside of the US and Canada, aside from ones that were produced in said countries and then sold at a later date (it's now September of 2016.) On the other hand, I've already had a handful of Canadian newgens appear in the US/Canada that have Chinese, Serbian, Croation, etc. dual nationalities. Will I ever be able to find a Canadian newgen outside of North America? I understand that Canada isn't a hotbed of football talent...but there are several players in the default database that have Canadian nationality and have never spent time playing in North America. Have I just been unlucky so far?

You could try becoming the feeder club of a major European club with a brilliant youth setup and hope that this connection increases the chances of them producing Canadian players.

ManU is paying me almost $3million a year to be a feeder club, but no luck as of yet...

Archived