Am I the only peson who doesn't like the january transfer data update?

Looking at all the threads cropping up I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't like the data update!

Teams often make January purchases based on how the first half of the season has gone and how their injury situation and league performance is panning out.

Surely since the first season of FM is unique it should also have unique january transfers? Those are my thoughts at least!

Surely since the first season of FM is unique it should also have unique january transfers? Those are my thoughts at least!

Quite correct. That's why we all have the choice of either using the transfer updates or not using them - for me, it would be patently silly to use the transfer update unless I was starting a game at the end of January. But for others, it's a popular feature. I don't really know which option is more popular among players as a rule, but there are definitely people who prefer doing it either way.

This is already in the game.

You can disable the first window, but clubs still get money in the winter window and, often, "bonus" transfer funds in the first October/November.

Are you sure? What about injuries? That could make the game world hugely unbalanced.

There are still free transfers. Also, I'm pretty sure the AI doesn't buy to cover injury problems anyway.

The one change I would like to see is to have all transfers set up to go through on the date they happened in real life. I guess this would be extremely hard to build into the game without trashing the financial model and would also probably risk creating scenarios where teams are unable to sign a player they need in August because a player is set to arrive in January so I'm not too bothered that it isn't, I just think it would be a nice touch and a little more realistic.

I'd like the ability to actually start my game on 31/1 or 2/2 with the leagues as they are IRL, obviously due to resources this couldnt be done for every league in the game I realise but it should be possible say for the every English league and the main european top leagues surely?

Archived