Gareth Bale

Im managing Manchester United and am in my 3rd season in March. I wantto sign Bale but spurs want 60 million for him, i can pay 30 million etc and pay the rest in installements, but i just think this is too much money, I very rarely like making big money signings. What do you guys think is the max you should pay for bale or do you think i should stop being tight and splash the cash. I opted not to sign him in January as sometimes their value decreases i.e javi martinex on my game 50million in august but sold for 24million in november. I would sign hazard but i signed him on last years game and dont want to sign the same players

What do you guys think should be the max offer then as he does look very good has the highest average rating in the league or would you advise staying clear

Depends on your finances. If you are Man City and grow money, then spend whatever you want. If not, then be more prudent.

in my current save as spurs bale tearing it up for me double figure assists and goals in 2 straight seasons and already well on his way in the 3rd. if i ever leave spurs i would definitely try taking him with me, he is a beast. 60m tho... i cant condone ever spending that much on a player.. but for bale... in the form he has been in so far... i wouldnt sell him for much less than 60m

I signed Bale for Man Utd on FM11 and although I can't remember the exact fee I paid, it was somewhere between £40m and £60m. He was worth every penny. Became a wonderful player and I didn't really have any problems with injuries with him.

But as for he original point about it being too much, as others have already pointed out, it's Spurs' way of telling you he's not really for sale. And in real life, when Bale is linked with moves away from White Hart Lane, it's usually for about £50m-£60m.

He's going to be expensive: he's a well-rounded player, in addition to pace, acceleration and stamina he's got very good ball control, crosses well (unlike Walcott, say, who has similar physical attributes). he's even a good header of the ball. He's versatile, having played left back, left midfield and left wing - and right wing for Wales. He's young and improving: this season he's been cutting inside more and scoring a lot of goals. He's also shown a big match temperament, scoring a hat-trick at the San Siro and in lots of other important matches. And he's left footed which adds a certain amount of scarcity as there are fewer left footers than right.

Put all that together and you have a very expensive player. Tottenham turned down £40M for Modric who's currently a slightly better player but is roughly five years older; Bale has the potential to get even better and therefore that would put a premium on his price. There is no chance you'd get Bale for less than £50M in real life today.

Though we might , according to 'the Guardian' find out this summer. They put together the fact that Eden Hazard, who had previously talked about joining Real Madrid, is now talking about joining Tottenham with wondering what has made Madrid suddenly less attractive and why Spurs would want two spectacularly good left-footed midfielders...

Uh, Hazard is predominantly right-footed, actually. He's quite ambidextrous, though.

And £60m? Would only ever pay that much money for Lionel Messi, and even then I wouldn't be too thrilled about neither the transfer fee nor his inevitably astronomical wages.

He's going to be expensive: he's a well-rounded player, in addition to pace, acceleration and stamina he's got very good ball control, crosses well (unlike Walcott, say, who has similar physical attributes). he's even a good header of the ball. He's versatile, having played left back, left midfield and left wing - and right wing for Wales. He's young and improving: this season he's been cutting inside more and scoring a lot of goals. He's also shown a big match temperament, scoring a hat-trick at the San Siro and in lots of other important matches. And he's left footed which adds a certain amount of scarcity as there are fewer left footers than right.

Put all that together and you have a very expensive player. Tottenham turned down £40M for Modric who's currently a slightly better player but is roughly five years older; Bale has the potential to get even better and therefore that would put a premium on his price. There is no chance you'd get Bale for less than £50M in real life today.

Though we might , according to 'the Guardian' find out this summer. They put together the fact that Eden Hazard, who had previously talked about joining Real Madrid, is now talking about joining Tottenham with wondering what has made Madrid suddenly less attractive and why Spurs would want two spectacularly good left-footed midfielders...

Hazard is right footed and can play left, right and centre. The most obvious route would be Hazard on the left, Bale on the right with them roaming around and swapping wings.

thank u yidbiggy. personally i think if we sign the duke of hazard (oh yes i went there) he will play on the left, bale on the right with them both switching flanks. however in his form IRL he is easily the best left sided midfielder... IN THE WORLD. i mean can anyone think of anothr player who can infuence games like bale does on the left. and yes i include messi on that as he is predominatly the centre striker for barcelona

Archived