My coach has lost his rating! Was 5*, now 4*. Why?!

Hi, I hired a GK coach who started at my club as a 5 star coach, after two weeks at the club he is now 4 star, the same as the guy he replaced. But hes costing me 3k more per week! Any ideas why this could be? He is not very old and wouldn't think his age would come into it.

Star ratings for both players & coaches work on a basis of others who you bring in as they are always compared. So for example if your coach is rated 5*, and then you bring another 5* coach in who is slightly better stats, then his rating could be knocked down.

Either that or one or two of his stats have simply declined.

Hmmm, he was the only coach i brought in, and looking at the stats, im sure they are as they were. Well, the important ones (GK, Det, Mot, Dis,) anyway. Seems odd that they would decline so dramatically from a whole five star to four, not four and a half, in just over a week.

Thanks though...

I'm going to state the obvious & say you've not put him on both Handling & Shot Stopping have you? Assuming you have two GK Coaches ofc. I could be wrong but I don't know of any coaches who are 5 star rated when coaching more than one thing.

Star ratings for both players & coaches work on a basis of others who you bring in as they are always compared. So for example if your coach is rated 5*, and then you bring another 5* coach in who is slightly better stats, then his rating could be knocked down.

I always thought that coach star ratings were purely based on attributes, using a formula.

Any chance of a screenshot of this coach?

Iv just done a search, and there is only two coaches in the game with all of them four attributes 15 or more. One of these is the person i fired to replace with this coach in question, who was also four star. It is doing my head in trying to figure out what determines five star!

I've mentioned something like this in a previous thread; I hired Tony Meola as a GK coach and he started out with an 18 GK coaching rating. Fast forward two or three years and, despite being relatively young (45 or so) and having improved on his CA (checked with FMRTE, and he still had plenty of room in PA) his GK coaching had fallen to 15! What the heck? He's supposedly improved as a coach...yet declined in the one area he's actually supposed to be coaching!? Went from 4 1/2 stars to 4, so I released him (no penalty in MLS) and brought in a better coach.

Coaches have a CA/PA just like everyone else, even you (your CA/PA is 200/200). Coaches PAs decline a bit with age, just like players' do... I've also noticed that coaches CAs are somewhat tied to team success. A coaches CA will rise to meet his PA faster at a long-term successful club, and he will lose CA is the club doesn't do well over some seasons. Coaches CAs rise faster than they fall, though.

after 50 they start declining, when you are looking on age

Is that official info, as it seems a bit young to me?

@DenProject

Age aside, you will see some coaches losing points on the the category you hired them for, often whilst still improving, (CAwise) as they become more rounded coaches. Check other coaching and mental attributes to see if they have risen, and check his Staff Role bars, they may have changed.

I once had a 5* Fitness coach who dropped to 41/2*, but surprised me a few weeks later when he regained his 5*, so you never know your luck.:)

Is that official info, as it seems a bit young to me?

there is a possibility they will never incline when they are younger also. How official are the infos in many affiliated sites really?:)

Archived