just been set back a month...darn steam

So I was just playing along, got to the normal monthly save bit, just a tiny bit before the save completes the game crashes, and I get steam error code 41. Then re-open football manager and click load last save, it it can't. Have to go backwards a month and do it all again.

Also do the Rolling Saves in the preferences.

It will create backups of the saves.

I also save my current save to my Dropbox folder, which will automatically backup the file online - it's great if you have unlimited bandwidth usage option from your ISP.

I had it before and it's annoying.

Similarly, I've had windows do an automatic update and reboot half way through a save and the file was corrupted.

I was saving a game and closed the laptop, which was set to go into sleep - file got corrupted.

I was also saving it and didn't realise the power cord for the laptop was not plugged in and the laptop died half way through a save.

I also had FM crash halfway through a save (steam was fine).

Luckily, I've become astute at backing up my files.

I had it before and it's annoying.

Similarly, I've had windows do an automatic update and reboot half way through a save and the file was corrupted.

I was saving a game and closed the laptop, which was set to go into sleep - file got corrupted.

I was also saving it and didn't realise the power cord for the laptop was not plugged in and the laptop died half way through a save.

I also had FM crash halfway through a save (steam was fine).

Luckily, I've become astute at backing up my files.

I concur.

Once a save game failure has hit you hard - you never make mistakes again!!

You would be astonished at the number of players that I come across who either do have no backup saves, or back up once a year or something like that. Personally I cannot see why anyone would not use one of the more frequent backup options that the game provides, especially when dealing with computers!

You would be astonished at the number of players that I come across who either do have no backup saves, or back up once a year or something like that. Personally I cannot see why anyone would not use one of the more frequent backup options that the game provides, especially when dealing with computers!

They must go out of their way to not back up as the game automatically sets to 3 rolling save with a save monthly.

Archived