Speeding up the game for those who watch in full match mode

Hi Guys

i know there are far more pressing issues with Fm12 (and i to would rather SI spend their time on these)

As someone who watches the games in full match mode it would be a big help if there was an option to completely remove all the out of play footage from the game. ie waiting for set pieces to be taken, players carried of the pitch etc.

At present i watch the game at around normal speed and the drag the bar to full speed each time one of the situations occurs. it's gets a bit tedious especially when there's a lot of breaks in play & I’m not always able to revert back to normal speed in time for the in game action.

i know this isn't a serious problem but would probably save about 15mins (real time) per game. & reckon this wouldn't be that hard to implement, apologies if this isn't the case.

As we all know time seems to go lost faster when your on FM Manger ;) so anything that could save a bit of time would be greatly appreciated.

your thought?

I reckon it would save most people time regardless of how they viewed matches.

Again i don't think it's as important as some of the other FM issues raised on this forum. But I cant see too many people being against having an option to remove these out of play scenes. Hopefully it would be easy for the SI team to implement.

In line with this, why is it that injured players always seem to go to the furtherest away touchline. I've had players get injured directly in front of where the bench is that then walk down the pitch and go behind the goal line.

This is obviously amplified when one of the teams is trying to waste time towards the end of a match. Would be nice to know SI’s take on this.

Of course if the removal of such moments like this would take up a lot of SI’s time then I’m sure we’d all rather they focused it on other areas

Celtic 1967 - Sounds like a tactic Mourinho would use to waste time ;)

anybody ever do that to waste time - if your subbing you left winger off and he's closest to the bench, switch him to the right before so he's got to walk accross the pitch

I watch on max-2 speed & it takes about 15-20 minutes per game.

Not sure if it is a speed setting issue but I'm experiencing the exact opposite of the OP, whenever the ball goes dead or there is an injury the game skips to the restart of play.

about an hour - thats with me speeding the game up every it goes out of play & fouls etc. Of course some of that time spent adjusting tactics.

As my team gets used to my tactics, and starts playing the way i want i start to use extended for easier home games or if i'm 3 up at half time.

The AI goalkeeper always takes more than six seconds!!! By the way does anyone on key highlights at times just get commentary and tactical changes taking an age??

I had a classic earlier. My lot score and the ball is in the middle of the pitch after the keeper I assume kicks it back. The keeper then trots slowly up to the ball picks it up then proceeds towards the centre circle where he places it on the spot "and kicks off", before jogging back to his goal. Such a shame I couldn't get possession before he got back!!

Yes, this needs to be an option. It's an issue even if you don't watch matches in full. You can assign shortcut keys for normal and max speed though. It's not perfect but it's much faster than moving the slider around. Especially when you map those shortcuts to mouse buttons.

• 11 months later...

My problem is - that any highlights show up as changed colours on the highlight bar when your watching it on full match setting. Essentially, this means that you know a chance on goal is coming before its even happened. Your defenders could just be playing the ball around in their own half and the bar changes colour and immediately you know that a chance is coming. Its not realistic. The further implications of this are, that the game is actually being played back to you. Your watching a recording of the game. This also makes it unrealistic. Instead of watching it as if the match is panning out as it happens, its more like the game is playing back to you a prediction....this ruins the realism in the game for me. Anyone have any ideas on how to stop focusing on this ....i can't stop thinking that there already is an outcome in the game and that its been calculated and that if I dont do anything, that calculated outcome will come true

....i can't stop thinking that there already is an outcome in the game and that its been calculated and that if I dont do anything, that calculated outcome will come true
This is exactly how the game works, every second of the match is calculated before the highlights start, once either team starts to make tactical changes the result is recalculated.

Archived