A lot of offsides.

I have played football manager alot, and in all that time not had many problems to overcome, but in my latest save I am having problems. I am in my second season and not by choice, managing Exeter. The problem is the tactic I have used to great success everywhere else is working but at the same time we must be gettin 5 or 6 offside calls a came against us, when we are just clear though on goal.

What I am asking is, how do I stop this? As this is a new problem to myself.

Your tactic is probably a tad too aggressive , maybe knock it back a couple of notches. So look at the role of your striker and maybe get him to drop back a little, and wingers (if you are using them ) also.

Other aspects that it could be, ppm's that are in place, or attributes of the players contributing. But then I am only guessing as, not much to work off.

Poacher mentality is very high so I would assume that is where you are getting pinged a fair bit, and if your wingers are both on attack again very high mentality. Combine that with low(ish) attributes: decisions, anticipation and probably off the ball as well, then that may also be part of the reason.

Your playing a quick tempo style, where (I am guessing), that you are trying to get the ball down the wings and cross into your TG Man and or poacher. So you are pushing pretty hard. If they don't time it right (their movement) they will get shot down everytime. Though I guess when they do it looks pretty cool.

I still think slow it down a little. Put the wingers on support, drops their mentality a bit, bringing them more into line with your TG man. Your poacher will still be looking to move off the shoulder of the last man, so neat through ball from the TG man and .... yeah (sounds good in theory)

One other thing, you can always have a look at the form tab and from there you can see the offsides for your players. So rather than making big changes (especially if you like the way your tactic plays), maybe adjust the mentality for the main offender and see how that works

Archived