Database set-up questions

Hello all

I am likely to start up a new long-term save game when the new patch arrives. My current game has several playable leagues set up and a number of players added via the custom function from other countries, mostly Africa.

My feeling (from a bit of reading) is that more leagues loaded will tend to give a better transfer market (i.e. more chance of someone buying your players). So I may add in more leagues. Is it fair to say that adding them just in the viewable format is not that beneficial? I believe it will slow down processing time - but I'm not sure if many people find them useful to have? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

This may be a daft question - but by adding players from other countries using the custom feature - will this slow the game down? It increases the players in the game, but since the leagues aren't there, I would assume that processing is minimal?

I'm trying to find the balance between speed and detail to get a full immersive game. I'm not too bothered about lightning quick speed - but don't want a game that will be bloated. So I think understanding the above more will help.

Finally - is there anyway you can use a save game to find out the original set-up you had? I know you can find details of the leagues added - but I'm not sure if it retains what players you added via the custom feature?

Cheers

Adding additional players will still slow down your game as their history needs to be processed, more players = more player history = more processing, what I'm not sure about is how much impact the additional processing has or how it compares to adding additional leagues.

As for view-only leagues I do find that clubs in those leagues are still fairly inactive in the transfer market & it does limit the number of players from that nation being loaded so you'd probably find yourself adding additional player files to any view-only league.

Damn tricky to get the right balance & other than folk you can comfortably run every nation I don't think anyone is ever 100% happy with their setup.

Archived