Help with chairman :@:@:@

Basically I've made a decent team with oxford united and put them in the championship, but whenever the transfer windows comes teams bid for my players and my chairman accepts them on behalf of me because there good offers, Is there a way to stop this happening??? Please help :@:@

You can edit the attributes of your chairman via FMRTE.

Or you could set the asking price high up to discourage bidsa or set it to zero to get bids which will not cause the chairman to step in. However, in the latter case your players may become disappointed if you reject offers for them.

Setting unrealistic asking prices usually does enough. If a player is worth £500,000, yet you really want to hold on to him, set an asking price of £4,000,000. That way you either get an extraordinary bid or you're usually able to hold onto the player.

The only issue is if the player becomes unhappy for some reason, they can be picky and complain that their asking price is too high, in which case you'll probably want to get rid of them anyway.

Okay so imagen a bid was just accepted, that player is now in contract negotiations, why not offer said player a new contract at your club, this way he has a choice. I have had this happen the player agree a new contract with me and then the transfer as far as I remember was just history.

Set their selling values to £0. Then every club will bid £0 and the chairman won't accept.

Although clearly, this isn't going to help you retrospectively keep players already accepted.

Surely set them to large values and they wont bid in the first place and at worst you get a wedge of money?

Can you not just wait until you get to the prompt which asks you to complete the transfer and cancel it? It's been so long since I've had a chairman intervening on a transfer in FM, cant remember if you get this prompt or if the transfer goes through automatically.

It just goes through, there is no button to confirm the transfer.

Surely set them to large values and they wont bid in the first place and at worst you get a wedge of money?

What if you simply don't want to sell the player, as the OP suggests? If the value is high, there will still exist a small chance someone will bid (possibly nowhere near this selling price) and the chairman will accept. Setting it to zero reduces that chance to zero.

Money's not everything and what you want to build a squad, selling your players isn't necessarily what you want. I suspect a lot of users would prefer players to be sold on their terms and their terms only.

Archived