Youth or Experience?

I'd like to know how everybody builds their team, do you give youth a chance, or do you rely on some old heads to hold your team together?

In every game I play I tend to sell anyone who isnt 23 or under, then when my youngsters are around 26 I tend to sell them on for big money and introduce more 18 year olds. My average age is usually around 19-21 when I start off. I've heard people on here talk about slowly introducing youngsters into the first team and what have you, but for me a player's age is unimportant in regards to how he plays, never had any problems with my method, i'll even happily play a 17 year old goalkeeper.

Just wondering how you all go about it and why.

I have a system to where I sell players once they hit 27 if they don't meet one of my two conditions:1) They are in my Legends or Icons list, and if they are I try to keep them till retirement;2) They have determination of 17 or higher in which they stay to tutor in till they are unhappy or they get out of hand as far as wage demand.

When I'm trying to build a squad to compete with the better sides I tend to go for anybody who will improve the team who is under 30. Once I have got a good enough squad I tend to buy youngsters as they are cheaper transfer and wage wise in a lot of cases. I will sign somebody with experience if I need to improve an area or available on a free. Most players get the boot when they are 30 unless they are still 1st team regulars and playing well enough to justify them staying.

Generally youth but it's vital to have a few older players for tutoring, with older players i'll normally try to renew their contracts when they only have one or two years left and if i find their demands unreasonable, it's time for them to move on and replace them.

Was just about to create a thread like this. When I took over Liverpool I wanted to bring the best players to the club for the starting 11, looked at the likes of Aguero, Messi for example.

Once I got that set, I didnt buy anyone for atleast 1 season and then I went about bringing in the best youth, the younger the better. Now the photo below is my current starting 11. I now tend to buy youth 19 and younger to replace anyone 22 and over, silly I know, but I've won 10 straight EPL Titles.

my1stteam.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Archived