Am I a physical freak ?

tapp

I've dusted my old FM11 save with my greatest team I ever made (Avellino :D), and I've notticed that I somewhat subconsciously focus on the physical side of my players. I hate when my players are slow, weak or tired after 10 minutes of game - so I always bought players with good physical stats. But I look on my first XI and noticed, that my team is a athlete, sprinter, heavy weightlifting, marathon running monster creation :D The mental and technical stats of my team is good, but not as physical side, so I think I would rename my team to FC Hulk ;)

This is my starting XI physical stats, playing 4-1-2-3

physical.jpg

So, a question for other people. Do you focus on one aspect of your team like mental or technical or it doesn't matter for you ?

I've dusted my old FM11 save with my greatest team I ever made (Avellino :D), and I've notticed that I somewhat subconsciously focus on the physical side of my players. I hate when my players are slow, weak or tired after 10 minutes of game - so I always bought players with good physical stats. But I look on my first XI and noticed, that my team is a athlete, sprinter, heavy weightlifting, marathon running monster creation :D The mental and technical stats of my team is good, but not as physical side, so I think I would rename my team to FC Hulk ;)

This is my starting XI physical stats, playing 4-1-2-3

physical.jpg

So, a question for other people. Do you focus on one aspect of your team like mental or technical or it doesn't matter for you ?

Ha! They only average 15.5-16.1 for acceleration-pace!

...actually, that's fairly quick. I remember on FM11 having a side that had an average of ~17.5-17.5 for acceleration-pace, but that side was just silly. You side is absolutely beastly though in all categories, well done! They would run most sides off the park!

I look at Determination and Pace first. I have actually tried to sign well-rounded players in the last two iterations of FM, since 15-16 is all that is needed in any attribute (except said Determination and Pace). It is amazing the transformation a youngster with 14 in everything goes through once his attributes become 15 in everything. Mediocrity to world class overnight!

I wouldn't be surprised if that team became world beaters even with average technical stats.

It's quite possible. Especially if you play on a narrow and short pitch. I preferred it in some of my saves with narrow formations as I could bully my way through the opponents while conserving player match fitness.

I wouldn't be surprised if that team became world beaters even with average technical stats.

It sure did, and the technical stats are more than average in my team. Using Mr.Hough 4-1-2-3, I haven't lost a single match in last season, only 3 or 4 draws :D At the end of the season, I was about 40 points ahead the second team in Serie A, winning most matches like 4-0 or 5-1, and also easily dominated Champions League :)

Archived