Return To Football Manager!!! :D

Well folks....

Been just over 2 years since i bought a version of Football Manager... (just coz i lost the time to play it properly, not because of my lack of love for it) :(

Bought FM 2012 today... :) just after loading it up there.... Seems to have evolved a lot since 2010.... :)

Any tips on who would be best for me to start with? what team are the best/easiest to get back into the swing of things?? :)

any big changes that i should be aware of since the 2010 version which i have been playing regularly for the last couple of months

Thanks guys! #greattobeback

Aside from certain things in the UI moving, 2012 isn't that different from 2010 generally - more of an evolution than a revolution.

I skipped 2011, so dealing with agents was the fiddliest change for me - I still haven't properly got the hang of dealing with them.

I would echo Jimbo and say be the club you support. Failing that, choosing someone with decent money but not too high exepctations should give you some leeway to muck about and see whats changed - Leicester? Southampton? Malaga?

To get into the swing of things each new edition I usually start as a former international and join a big club with a decent budget. Helps me work out where things slot in. This year it was Man City of course, but former versions was Chelsea. Real Madrid and Barca are okay, but there's a lot more pressure and a lot more rules in Spain you need to be aware of or read up on. Same with Italy.

Once I know how the game runs I'll start again with Leeds, the club I support, install myself as a manager with similar experience to the past couple of managers appointed in real life (so usually an ex-player below international level).

To get into the swing of things each new edition I usually start as a former international and join a big club with a decent budget. Helps me work out where things slot in. This year it was Man City of course, but former versions was Chelsea. Real Madrid and Barca are okay, but there's a lot more pressure and a lot more rules in Spain you need to be aware of or read up on. Same with Italy.

Once I know how the game runs I'll start again with Leeds, the club I support, install myself as a manager with similar experience to the past couple of managers appointed in real life (so usually an ex-player below international level).

See I dont agree with starting as a big side i.e City because expectation is massive so it is very easy to fail/get sacked. I would agree with MeesterCat in saying a club with money but not high expectations

Thanks guys..

i just had a quick start with Chelsea (team i support)... looks very exciting so far!! :) loving the new way the media works, the private chats, the agents!! its top notch so far! :)

going starting a full game again now.... most likely with a Championship team or League 1........ Southampton or Leicester sound like good options!

Il keep ye posted! (good possibility il be sacked by october :p )

Thanks guys..

i just had a quick start with Chelsea (team i support)... looks very exciting so far!! :) loving the new way the media works, the private chats, the agents!! its top notch so far! :)

going starting a full game again now.... most likely with a Championship team or League 1........ Southampton or Leicester sound like good options!

Il keep ye posted! (good possibility il be sacked by october :p )

Yeah, suppose starting with the team you like isnt always a quality idea if they are a big club with big ambitions. Maybe if that doesnt work out start with a team you know quite a bit about, I think that is most important when beginning knowing the team. Lets say your a Chelsea fan but happen to avidly follow Blackburn, start a Blackburn game as they are a bit less ambitious/likely to sack you, and you get a hefty transfer budget second season ;)

Archived