Who owns the rights to CM97/98?

Hi all, new poster but long time champ man/football manager fan.

I was wondering if anyone knew who owned the rights for championship manager 97/98 and who would need to authorise any possible re-release.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Adam

At a guess it would probably be the publisher of the game which was Eidos at the time. They had a free download of cm 01/02 on the Championship Manager website once upon a time which suggests they have the rights to the old CM games still.

I have that and CM93/94 on my Android phone, I have to very sadly say they are more fun than the current games. Great when your waiting for the dentist, or eating your lunch at work. I still own every copy of cm (the SI ones) and FM in box form. Great to go back and play them. As I said they are still fun to play.

• 2 months later...

Can anyone help me with this. I've been trying to get cm9798 working on my Android HTC one s. I'm using aDosBox and can get the game to boot up, but then a message appears saying i need an extra 212k of ram. I'm sure my device must have enough core power to run this, I'm sure it's more powerful than the dusty old computer I used to run this game on originally. I loved this game growing up and would love to have a mobile version. Does anyone have any solutions or ideas?

Archived