How will Rangers FC look in the new January transfer update.

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows what Rangers will look like after the January update, will they be in administration at the start of the game, or will it take effect in February?

How much debt will they be given?

Will they be allowed to compete in European competition in the next season?

Also how does administrationn affect a club in FM, I've never seen a club in administration before so I don't know how it works.

With the likely outcome of Ranger's case seemingly being either; liquidation (and possibly a new phoenix club), a new owner or complete butchering of the clubs assets in order to exit administration. How will SI legislate for this, seeing as they surely wont know the outcome of the case by the time the update is announced? Thanks for any replies, and if any admins or anyone in the know could shed some light on what's going to happen I'd be grateful. Cheers.

will it take effect in February?

No, they'll either be in admin all along or not at all.

How much debt will they be given?

The best estimation possible.

Will they be allowed to compete in European competition in the next season?

Yes

Also how does administrationn affect a club in FM, I've never seen a club in administration before so I don't know how it works.

With the likely outcome of Ranger's case seemingly being either; liquidation (and possibly a new phoenix club), a new owner or complete butchering of the clubs assets in order to exit administration. How will SI legislate for this, seeing as they surely wont know the outcome of the case by the time the update is announced? Thanks for any replies, and if any admins or anyone in the know could shed some light on what's going to happen I'd be grateful. Cheers.

Clubs can't be liquidated in FM, so Rangers will either plummet to Division 3 or get taken over or stablise somehow.

Thanks very much for the reply SCIAG, the reason I asked about their European participation was that IRL if Rangers are still in administration on March 31 then they wont be eligible to compete in Europe next year. However, they probably wont still be in administration by that time in an FM game so I was curious about how that would work. Also when you said that they will either plummet to division 3 etc. Does that mean that there will be a different outcome in every game, and that sometimes Rangers will get demoted to div 3, sometimes they will be taken over and sometimes they will work to clear there debts? If so that would make playing in Scotland very dynamic and interesting.

Nothing will happen to Rangers if it does not happen to them in real life, so far they are in administration, if they are still in that state come the update they will most likely become so in the game. The european thing doesnt come into consideration yet, get one issue out the way before worrying about another one.

Thanks very much for the reply SCIAG, the reason I asked about their European participation was that IRL if Rangers are still in administration on March 31 then they wont be eligible to compete in Europe next year. However, they probably wont still be in administration by that time in an FM game so I was curious about how that would work. Also when you said that they will either plummet to division 3 etc. Does that mean that there will be a different outcome in every game, and that sometimes Rangers will get demoted to div 3, sometimes they will be taken over and sometimes they will work to clear there debts? If so that would make playing in Scotland very dynamic and interesting.

Hang on, sorry, I've made a mistake. If Rangers are in administration at the beginning of the second SPL season, they won't be eligible for Europe. I forgot about that, it is a new future.

Yeah, there will be different outcomes every time. A takeover will probably be likely from past experience, but it won't be guaranteed.

There is a chance that nothing will happen to Rangers in the data update, with the window closing 2 weeks ago there is a possibility that the data has already been locked.

Depending on how things turn out they could be an interesting challenge on FM13.

There is a chance that nothing will happen to Rangers in the data update, with the window closing 2 weeks ago there is a possibility that the data has already been locked.

Depending on how things turn out they could be an interesting challenge on FM13.

Yes, that is a possibility.

im pretty sure data is only locked for pre release update because of the whole gold disc issue (eg they sent off the data to production)

for a patch like 12.3 i would imagine it doesnt get locked down in terms of data update so big changes irl like this will be included

How will Nottingham Forest look in the update? I've asked about 5 times in a few NFFC threads but not getting a proper answer..

The board and financial situations as well as season expectations all need to be updated

Only the Nottinghame Forest researcher can answer this and if you cant get a proper answer in their thread it is unlikely to be answered in here

• SI Staff
well they just lost to keith in the scottish cup on my save :lol:

why is data "locked" cant it be unlocked and modified for rangers to have a debt of 49 million?

Rangers don't have a debt of £49M. The outcome of the tax case isn't known yet and it could end up that Rangers owe nothing.

Rangers don't have a debt of £49M. The outcome of the tax case isn't known yet and it could end up that Rangers owe nothing.

LOL - I think its a very unlikely situation the outcome is they have no debt

Probably the same chance of Pompey getting bought by a sugar daddy before Friday ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been fairly disappointed in my game...Since the patch, Rangers are in administration, but were not bought over and have still spent 18M in the 11/12 season. Still in administration but no 10 point deduction in second season and still spending money....maybe I'm just unlucky? I was hoping they'd be destroyed so I could try steal players for my Caley team!

But in all honesty, it's a bit strange.

Archived