Help- No Sound in the Game/Match!?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alc:

Oh...no matchsound... icon13.gif

Thanks for the answer.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No probs icon_smile.gif tho I've never played with match sounds so it doesn't bother me, same with the 2D engine I don't miss that either

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s33r:

I've never played with match sounds so it doesn't bother me, same with the 2D engine I don't miss that either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm ... the thing is, the 2D engine is so good these days (on FM2006) I do miss it!

Although it was well written and there was enough suspense in the dialogue to make it fun during a match, I always had a slight problem visualising player movements with text only.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dung-beetle:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by s33r:

I've never played with match sounds so it doesn't bother me, same with the 2D engine I don't miss that either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm ... the thing is, the 2D engine is so good these days (on FM2006) I do miss it!

Although it was well written and there was enough suspense in the dialogue to make it fun during a match, I always had a slight problem visualising player movements with text only. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying the 2D match engine isn't good, infact, I know it's fantastic. It's just I'm so used to text commentry having played CM/FM since '93 I just prefer text commentary. As such I don't miss not having the 2D feature in FM handheld icon_smile.gif

I'm not saying the 2D match engine isn't good, infact, I know it's fantastic. It's just I'm so used to text commentry having played CM/FM since '93 I just prefer text commentary. As such I don't miss not having the 2D feature in FM handheld icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Geeez ... do you know what? - I really wish I could do that! icon_rolleyes.gif I have tried in the past without much success and when the 2D engine came out on the later Champ Mans, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Like I said above though, I really used to like the text commentary. Also, the sounds back then (CM 01/02) were brilliant - they really gave the game a great atmosphere ...

... just wish I could visualise the player movement and positioning better icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dung-beetle:

Geeez ... do you know what? - I really wish I could do that! icon_rolleyes.gif I have tried in the past without much success and when the 2D engine came out on the later Champ Mans, I breathed a sigh of relief.

Like I said above though, I really used to like the text commentary. Also, the sounds back then (CM 01/02) were brilliant - they really gave the game a great atmosphere ...

... just wish I could visualise the player movement and positioning better icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who knows, maybe FM Handheld will increase your powers of visualisation icon_wink.gif

Who knows, maybe FM Handheld will increase your powers of visualisation icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ommmmmmm ... yes ... yes, I see - it's all becoming clear to me now ... what a fool I've been! icon_biggrin.gif

Archived