Worst Injury by Worst Tackle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MIKEYL:

I have just seen a player out for 14 months Thankfullly not my player but have you seen tackles causing serious injury in FM </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've seen someone get their cruciates done for 9 months, but 14 months??? Did he try to kill him?

i had a player who did his cruciate for 9 months, put him in the reserves and the assman played him as soon as he was back in light training. got injured in his first game back, same injury, 15 more months. a total of 1 game in 24 months.

it was cm00-01.

Whoa dont you think its a bit harsh to call the romanian player a coward. I dont doubt that if his knee was in such a bad state it was a atrocious tackle but branding him a coward. C'mon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gauvner:

Whoa dont you think its a bit harsh to call the romanian player a coward. I dont doubt that if his knee was in such a bad state it was a atrocious tackle but branding him a coward. C'mon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't a bit of an oxymoron? If he was a coward he wouldn't ever go in hard with in a tackle..

The tackle was a bad one, but the majority of the injury layoff was due to injuries (knee twists and strains) in training and rehabilitation. If all had gone well he would've been out for a maximum of 12 months I think, and wouldn't have needed all (4?) operations.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gauvner:

Whoa dont you think its a bit harsh to call the romanian player a coward. I dont doubt that if his knee was in such a bad state it was a atrocious tackle but branding him a coward. C'mon </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't a bit of an oxymoron? If he was a coward he wouldn't ever go in hard with in a tackle..

The tackle was a bad one, but the majority of the injury layoff was due to injuries (knee twists and strains) in training and rehabilitation. If all had gone well he would've been out for a maximum of 12 months I think, and wouldn't have needed all (4?) operations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In addition, just remembering it was him, what kind of 'coward' would get a ban for something like a season, for attacking an assistant referee? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hershie:

Isn't a bit of an oxymoron? If he was a coward he wouldn't ever go in hard with in a tackle.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Often the worst tackles are th ones where a player isnt 100& committed. Recently Stephen Ireland got sent off for one where he almost pulled out, luckily the other guy wasnt injured (i dont think - cant remember who it was).

ok look to every1 about John Kennedy being injured it ws a bad challnge on his international debut by a romanian ( im not gonna say the word ) that nearly f'd up his career so it was a poor challenge and he is a coward for not squaring up 2 Stevie McManus

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic 08:

ok look to every1 about John Kennedy being injured it ws a bad challnge on his international debut by a romanian ( im not gonna say the word ) that nearly f'd up his career so it was a poor challenge and he is a coward for not squaring up 2 Stevie McManus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Coward for not 'squaring' up to someone? I think that's more.. sensible, by not getting further involved. With that sort of idea though, Glasgow sounds nice. icon_rolleyes.gificon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Celtic 08:

I'm from outside glasgow so.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wasn't commenting specifically on you. icon_smile.gif I DO know people from there, and the reputation for violence is almost legendary.

Why as a scot who nearly lives in glasgow i thank you </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Calm down. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by safc4eva:

So you know the thousands of people that live in Glasgow? Don't follow a stereotype because you can back it up cos you know a few people </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not saying that at all; I'm saying that being a 'coward' for not fighting someone is a stereotypically Glasgow attitude/situation. I'm not meaning to sound racist, or stereotypical, far from it; I'm merely commenting on how the claim fits the stereotype.

Mountain > Molehill, one thinks.

safc4eva actually i'm not folowia stereotype i have behaiour disorder that maks me aggresive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a good one, i'll try that next time i have a few too many and start being aggressive.

Back on topic. Haven't seen anyone be out for more than 9 months(cruciates). How happened to the guy who was out for 14 months?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Drunk Beware:

safc4eva actually i'm not folowia stereotype i have behaiour disorder that maks me aggresive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats a good one, i'll try that next time i have a few too many and start being aggressive.

Back on topic. Haven't seen anyone be out for more than 9 months(cruciates). What What happened to the guy who was out for 14 months? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry it's getting late.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wisescummer:

Or where the player is too committed, cf Roy Keane's GBH on Alf Inge Haaland, who never played again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He actually played a half for Norway the following week.

His other knee had the career-ending problems.

off topic:

1. Ganea is actually a violent hick and he got himself suspended quite a few times. His last deed of trying to strangle the assistant reff. was epic! unfortunately, the cowards are the ones in the FA which reduced his suspension to only half of season (a bit lenient, you might think?) so he could get called up for a friendly against Cyprus (jeez!) and not get the national coach on their backs.

2. I understood what you meant, but please try and pick your words more carefully... it could easily had been misinterpreted and reported as racism or something similar (not by me, mind you since I'm usually too care-free to mind it)

On topic: my worst injury was 10 months. ironically it was in the second match that player ever played for me; he was also my most expensive transfer ever at that club... One of my friends also reported a 13 months injury with 8.01. Can't remember what kind, though.

Anyone who can't see my tongue-in-cheek responses for what they are, and nothing more, is (IMO) only looking for something that isn't really there. I wasn't being racist at all; Just openly and sarcastically conforming to the common stereotype that even my Glasgow acquaintances use as a source of humour.

Sorry though if I have offended anyone..

And don't diss Cyprus. icon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gif

Anyone who can't see my tongue-in-cheek responses for what they are, and nothing more, is (IMO) only looking for something that isn't really there. I wasn't being racist at all; </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know you weren't and i'm sure no one got the wrong idea. Also i wasn't reffering to you, but to Gordon_J (who beside the fact that he misspelled the name of a people, he was clearly "angry"). all i was saying is that sometimes words can get distorted over language/cultural differences (i.e: "coward" has a slight different meaning in our language) and with this being an age where everything is waaaay too politically-correct, you never know how one might react to "on-the-edge" remarks like that one... people might get reported, topics hijacked (none being useful or pleasant). also, about what you said (both times): i completely agree.

ok look to every1 about John Kennedy being injured it ws a bad challnge on his international debut by a romanian ( im not gonna say the word ) that nearly f'd up his career so it was a poor challenge and he is a coward for not squaring up 2 Stevie McManus </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you come to Belfast its harder then Glasgow and supose youre a taig ?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Linfield Fc:

you come to Belfast its harder then Glasgow and supose youre a taig ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice Linfield Fc. Hope you enjoyed your stay on these forums, because with comments like "suppose your a taig", I think you'll be banned pretty soon. Go back to your cave, and take your sectarian views with you son.

For those unaware of the nature of the word "Taig", here's some info...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taig

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottishSteven:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Linfield Fc:

you come to Belfast its harder then Glasgow and supose youre a taig ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very nice Linfield Fc. Hope you enjoyed your stay on these forums, because with comments like "suppose your a taig", I think you'll be banned pretty soon. Go back to your cave, and take your sectarian views with you son.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taig </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surely that's just plain racism then?

icon_confused.gif Thanks for that link. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ScottishSteven:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taig </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And racism gets you a yellow card? Lets kick racism out of football indeed.

Archived