Playing offline

How can you play the game offline? My internet connection did not work the other day and I wanted to start FM12 but then I got an error saying Steam can't connect or whatever. Then I got an option to start steam in offline mode but that din't work either. So how can I play the game when I'm not connected to the internet?

When you are online, you have to go into steam and restart in offline mode or something along them lines, that enables you to play offline next time you go on your computer.

Obviously the problem being you have to be pysic and know when your internet is going to be down in order to set it to offline the night before etc..

For example i play fm on my lunch break at work, but i cant connect to the works network so i have to remember to set steam to offline the night/morning before so i can play it, several times ive forgot and boy does it annoy me.

Whenever I lose my internet connexion I press the start button for the game as usual. About a minute later a box appears from Steam saying there is a connexion problem & would I like to play the game off-line. I press the appropriate buttom offered & off we go.

I never have a problem with this feature.

Whenever I lose my internet connexion I press the start button for the game as usual. About a minute later a box appears from Steam saying there is a connexion problem & would I like to play the game off-line. I press the appropriate buttom offered & off we go.

I never have a problem with this feature.

I just get a box saying would you like to start steam in offline mode. Then I click ok and nothing happens.

I think it really depends on how your steam is set up. If it is all up to date and you set it to offline in the same session as having it online then it works fine. If you start while not connected and your steam is not up to date then it won't work.

I have had few issues with steam and being offline but I think its probably the way I have my steam set up. I don't know what I have done differently.

Archived