Whats the situation with Liechtenstein?

I have decided to manage FC Vaduz who are in the swiss challenge league. Vaduz is the capital of Liechtenstien, so they get entered into the Liectenstien cup. The winner of the cup gets a place in the europa league, and Vaduz have won the cup for the last decade nearly every year, so they get entered into the europa league. They were in it this season, but in the game they arent listed as being in a continental competition. Furthermore, they arent listed as a club in liechtenstien.

In the game, Liechtenstien has a europa league place in the coefficients, but the liechtenstien cup doesnt exist, so how do they work out who enters europe? or will any team? as their arent any teams listed as a club in liechtenstien. I should add that all Liechtenstien teams are in the swiss league system, as the liechtenstien fa dont run a league competition, which is why they only get a europa league place.

any clarification on this would be good and I know i havent explained it well ;)

Thank you, I suspected this but as i dont have a long term save i couldnt check. I guess si found it too difficult to put in the liechtenstien cup which im pretty sure is how they actually decide who qualifies. Surprised Vaduz isnt listed as a liechtenstien club though......And wouldnt this lead to bugs if i got them to qualify for the champions league in the swiss league? with them entering both champions and europa league?

Thanks but i dont think i'll bother. Nothing wrong with european football every year ;). also if i get champions league football through swiss qualifying with the coefficient pionts go to liectenstien or switzerland?

Vaduz cannot qualify for the CL through the Swiss system because they automatically qualify as Leichtenstein representatives in the EL. I suppose the way to look at it is that have given up the future opportunity to play CL or EL football so they can guarantee EL football every year.

They are automtically put in Europa league every year by SI but in reality if someone else won the Liechtenstein Cup they would be in Europe and not Vaduz. It used to happen with Cardiff and Swansea and the Welsh cup but they gave up playing in the cup as it would stop them from ever playing in the Champions league if they manage to get that high

Archived