Going Pro

I have been playing my current save for 6 seasons....

I am in the BSP, and I can't ask the board to go professional, despite having 600k in the bank...

Its very annoying, as I'm on course to get into League 2 and would like to get all my top players signed up to full time deals asap...

Cheers in advance for your help

In my experience taking 2 sides from BSN/BSS upwards through the leagues, they never grant it until you get to League 2. I wouldn't worry too much. Wait until you turn pro before you make your new signings for League 2, and the players will all accept full-time contracts. If you're anything like me you'll end up signing half a new starting 11 anyway. Some of my players were still on part-time deals by the end of the first season in League 2 but it doesn't make too much difference. Training is affected but I don't expect my players to benefit a huge amount from training at that level anyway.

I don't think 600k is enough money to turn pro anyway mate. I am managing a club in Northern Ireland and we couldn't turn pro until I qualified for the Champions League group stage (ie. 6m pounds in the bank). I'd tried previously with 1m in the bank and they said we can't afford it.

Archived