I wish the game took results into perspective...

The scenario is this: I'm playing with Valencia and its the last game of the season and I'm in 5th place, 1 point behind Sevilla in 4th, who have 65 points. I need a win/draw and Sevilla to draw/lose, and Sevilla go down 2-0 away to Espanyol. I draw 1-1 away to Sociedad, meaning I get the last place in the champions league. ectastic, etc, etc.

However, my assistant manager believes we should 'remind the players that we should be winning these sorts of matches', and player morale is from 'fairly poor' to 'poor'. The post match conference was also negative, with questions regarding how i should have won the game etc.

No posts about gaining a champions league place on the last day of the season! very annoying, i just wish the game would take into account the significance of the result in relation to the league.

Anyone else found this?

It seems the in game media as well as the board attach more importance to a specific result rather than focusing on the bigger picture, such as the op getting champions league qualification. I guess its something which SI will gradually look into in future versions, but for now it can be pretty irritating.

You are so right mate. It's sad but true. Example: first season of the game, I usually take over the FC Porto seat (which is my fav club IRL), and the calendar goes like this: 1st match, portuguese Super Cup, 2 league matches and then here it comes, European Super Cup against FC Barcelona. No surprise the odds are piling up against me. Now the laughing part.... I usually never get anything from this clash. Always end up getting beat up with varying results, from 0-1 to 2-6 (in this save game, a double hat trick from Messi) which was my heaviest defeat. Now facts... It's no shame to lose against Barcelona, but I get messages from my board they are furious about losing to Barcelona, even if it was 0-1. My question is... How dosed are the board members to think that I can play and be at the same level as Barça? Second question... no more drugs they're using still available? I'd like some too, I'm having head aches now...

Archived