'[Insert team name] will feel unlucky to have drawn'

Or something along those lines.

I'm have an issue with winning away from home, and I feel it's the game trying to keep the league interesting. My home form is exemplary but, for some unexplained reason, my away record is patchy; at best. I constantly draw games despite dominating the opponent and it's starting to get frustrating. My squad is far superior to that of my opponent's, yet it doesn't seem to matter. I've tried using different tactics, but there is no difference in the result.

Aberdeen away

Saint Mirren Away

Dunfermline Home

Hibernian Home

Table

Home Form

Away Form

I've had 3 draws in my last 5 matches - all away from home. I'm particularly concerned about how inefficient my side is at converting 'shots' to 'shots on target' and goals. My strikers are good enough, especially for this level, so I can't understand the reason behind this away form. Can anyone help?

Thank you.

There's no mystery. Your home and away records of 11-0 and 6-4 are not inconsistent. Playing on the road is tougher. Teams vary their tactics between home and away games and it's quite possible that a more defensive tactic is more effective against your team. That, coupled with the normal home advantage, probably accounts for the difference in your team's performance.

it should be tougher, but it gets beyond a joke when no matter what you do, the same thing happens... and you are top of the league scored 30 games on the bounce favourates to win and lose 4-0 against a team that fluked a draw when they played you at home.

especialyl when you got fomrations to help soften the away effect. and that then fails as much as playing a suicidal attacking fromation.

You're top of the league, undefeated and complaining that your away form is patchy?

Is there anything wrong with trying to be a perfectionist? We all want to do the best we can, though I agree that that away form is nothing to be disappointed with.

It's easy to simplify the matter, but my former team (I left after posting) should have been winning at least 35/38 matches with ease. It's not as if It was only one match where I've had 20 shots and drawn; it was 3 in a row. My strikers were of an adequate level, so I don't understand why it happened. If a side is so dominant, the AI should catch up by making the required signings (if possible). I shouldn't be penalised with constant draws.

Is there anything wrong with trying to be a perfectionist?

Not at all, we all want to succeed in the game. But here's the problem: for whatever reason, a fair number of posters expect perfection and, when they don't get it, complain that the game is either utterly broken or the results are fixed. Reference several statements from this thread alone:

I'm have an issue with winning away from home, and I feel it's the game trying to keep the league interesting.

...but it gets beyond a joke when no matter what you do, the same thing happens...

If a side is so dominant, the AI should catch up by making the required signings (if possible). I shouldn't be penalised with constant draws.

This is simply looking for a solution to the problem anywhere else but in the mirror. As pointed out by others, the OP is 17-4-0 and running away with the league but that's not good enough so the game is obviously trying to get him. If you want a perfect season, well, assemble the talent and the staff and develop a tactical philosophy that will earn it.

Well i just checked my last 2 full seasons

Season 2019/20 - Champions

Home Form - W15 D3 L1

Away Form W11 D5 L3

Season 2018/19 - Runner Up

Home Form - W9 D3 L7

Away Form - W12 D5 L2

Based on this info i would doubt there is some huge conspiracy, just for reference im playing in SPL as Hearts

Also out of interest what is your league coefficient like? i cant get above 10th place in the rankings so far, although im quite a few seasons behind your save. Im thinking to move clubs soon to try make the league more competitive

and another thing, did u manage to get a new stadium built for your side? just wondering what sort of capacity u have since this affects the revenue streams

My Hearts team recently moved into 26,986 capacity Robertson Park, have since increased capacity to 29,986

Also out of interest what is your league coefficient like? i cant get above 10th place in the rankings so far, although im quite a few seasons behind your save. Im thinking to move clubs soon to try make the league more competitiveand another thing, did u manage to get a new stadium built for your side? just wondering what sort of capacity u have since this affects the revenue streamsMy Hearts team recently moved into 26,986 capacity Robertson Park, have since increased capacity to 29,986
The Scottish League is ranked 9th in the coefficient, just above Turkey. I had the old ground expanded to 25,000, or so, and then McArthur Park was built and then expanded to its current 44,670 or so.

What teamtalk do you give to the players on away matches pre game, half time?

In Away matches it's sometimes better to not be overly demanding.

You might either start to win or lose some games but it's a good way to find out if complacency is the real issue here and not your tactics.

What teamtalk do you give to the players on away matches pre game, half time?

In Away matches it's sometimes better to not be overly demanding.

You might either start to win or lose some games but it's a good way to find out if complacency is the real issue here and not your tactics.

My squad had the description 'extremely professional' or the one similar to that. I'd be surprised if they had complacency issue.

work ball into box doesnt work when players act like morons when they got the ball so it never sees thier box.

and no i'm not a perfectionist, i just want my games home and away to be a more even fight. i outplay top teams at home, yet struggle terribly there the swing is massive. aka, a top club can beat me when they play away.

it gets silly when leicester are beating chelsea 3-1 in the league.

and bolton win 3-0 at home against chelsea.

that is my gripe i want a more even balance, if i outplay a mid table team and win confortably at home. i do not then expect to struggle to a draw away.

Archived