Euro Cup Stadium?

Hi everyone!

I have an odd problem which I think it's a bug.

Ok, so here is the situation: I'm managing Bangor City in Welsh League, and I'm doing really good, having managed to qualify to Champions League groups 2 times in a row. Now, Bangor City has a 3600 (760) capacity stadium, and I was playing home CL games there. I managed to grab the third place in the groups, so that meant the first knockout round of Euro CUP. Now, I'm playing the home match at the Racecourse Ground (Wrexham's ground), which holds 10500 people. Why am I not playing the CL games at the Racecourse Ground too? Or vice-versa, why am I playing the Euro CUP games at another stadium?

Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!

P.S - This happened before, at the Euro CUP groups too.

http://www.football.fo/UserImages/00002999_04%20Clarification%20Memo_Capacity%20and%20Floodlighning%20_I.05_and_I.07_.pdf

Objective

To clarify UEFA’s position with regard to the two infrastructure criteria I.05 (Stadium capacity) and I.07 (stadium floodlighting) defined in chapter 7 of the UEFA club licensing manual V1.0 (hereafter, UEFA manual).

Criteria I.05 – Stadium – Capacity

Text in the manual:

The minimum capacity of the stadium is 3,000 (three thousand) individual seats.

Clarification

The UEFA CEO accepted the exception requests of several national associations to reduce the minimum capacity of individual seats for the season 2004/05 to the following capacities:

• FAR: 300

• ICE: 500

• IRL: 1,500

• LUX: 1,000

• WAL: 1,000

• AND: 1,500

• NIR: 1,500

• CYP: 2,000

This minimum capacity was approved under the condition that this only applies to preliminary round matches in all UEFA club competitions (UEFA Intertoto Cup, UEFA-Cup and UEFA Champions League). If a club qualifies for the first round of one of the above-mentioned club competition, then those matches should be played in another stadium (e.g. the National Stadium) fulfilling the criterion I.05 (3,000 individual seats). With regard to the UEFA Intertoto competition we clarify that there do not exist any preliminary round matches.

To sum up, your qualifying matches you could use your normal stadium, for play-off to Champions League and group stages you should play at wrexham

Archived