Steam Offline Not Working

As i currently cannot get Internet acces on my laptop ( I'm posting this via mobile ) when I try and launch fm, that message appears where you choose either 'Retry Connection' 'Start In Offline Mode' or 'Quit' . So I chose 'Start In Offline mode' which I do every time I haven't got Internet access, usually it works fine and FM loads up. But for sole reason it is coming up with the following message;

Steam - Error

' Could not connect to Steam network.

This could be due to a problem with your Internet connection, or with the steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info. '

I'm puzzled as I'm not trying to connect to the Internet but even more so it hasn't appeared when I've been offline before.

Unfortunately, you have to set steam to offline before your internet goes down. In other words, you have to permanently have it set that way to avoid this happening, making all the benefits of steam irrelevant unless you want to risk not being able to connect if you lose connection.

Unfortunately, you have to set steam to offline before your internet goes down..

I have not found this at all, when we have a net outage I have been able to carry on. Try this by turning your wireless card off on your laptop, you will find you can carry on fine.

I have not found this at all, when we have a net outage I have been able to carry on. Try this by turning your wireless card off on your laptop, you will find you can carry on fine.

I can carry on without net access as well, because I leave it all on offline mode always, if you don't have it set to offline in advance and you try and connect without internet access, you cannot. I have a desktop not a laptop.

Mine is going wrong now as well, i always play in offline mode but now game won't even load so have to sign in -as steam never remembers password- then load the game, exit then put steam in offline mode then i can finally play the game.

Unfortunately, you have to set steam to offline before your internet goes down. In other words, you have to permanently have it set that way to avoid this happening, making all the benefits of steam irrelevant unless you want to risk not being able to connect if you lose connection.

I have found the same thing to be true- you have to be online to set Steam into Offline mode.

I have tested losing my internet connection with steam online, I can restart my PC and go into offline mode and play FM just fine with no internet connection. I have tried a few ways of losing the internet and I can always go into offline mode and play. As long as you have been on just once to activate the game on each PC you use it on then it should work just fine whatever happens. That's the way it has always been for me.

Archived