January Transfer Patch

Last year it was early March.

Dates for releases of patches are not usually announced/advertised.

Just have to wait and see. Released when they're ready.

I wish the SI would give an announcement that a Patch is due to be released, and give game users a chance to turn Steam to Offlline so it won't update automagically.

Yeah I think I remember it being March last year too, I think they like to use the oppourtunity of updating it for transfers to also update other areas of the game that are possibly buggy and stuff.

Yeah I think announcing it would be good for that reason and also just so people have something to look forward to.

I wish the SI would give an announcement that a Patch is due to be released, and give game users a chance to turn Steam to Offlline so it won't update automagically.

They won't because then if it is later than announced this board will be full of "sort it out SI" threads as usual. Not saying you would post such a thing but there are many that are never happy and will.

They are working on stuff not only year round, but over a couple of years. Sometimes they might be near to completing an update that took years and might hold off a week or two to test it thoroughly or complete testing.

Doubt it for patches though. But some bugs they come across in the new game take longer to complete and test so I think they might wait to have all the things bugged and fixed into the latest release.

Transfers are one thing, but bugs and updates to ME and AI etc. are another.

Usually the next patch is best patch and we get the best out of FM until November :D from here on out. Can't wait.

• Administrators

We don't announce it in case something happens last minute in testing which could conceivably delay it. Then we have people saying 'but you said it'd be out on x date.' First place you'll find out when it's released is on these forums. Cheers.

Archived