Billy Shaw - England Manager

Roberto Mancini has just quit as England manager in my game after losing to Argentina in the quarter finals of the World Cup. I was extremely tempted to go for the job but decided against it - still very interested to find out who did get the job.

Step forward Billy Shaw.

billyshaw1.th.jpg

Regen manager supremo? Well... not quite. I was a bit surprised that I'd not heard of him again so I checked his bio:

billyshaw2.th.jpg

That's pretty surprising, although who'd want to employ him given these stats:

billy_shaw_3.jpg

What's all that about? :/

Not sure what's causing this but I noticed it as well and reported it on the bugs forum a few weeks ago.

On the whole, national team management turnover seems really excessive. Even successful managers barely seem to last more than two tournaments before they retire, often at a relatively young age.

Your screen shot of the 1st and 2nd one is too small to read anything.

But the 3rd one says it all...

If you click on the first two images it'll take you to imageshack, then you can click on the image again to get a bigger version.

lmao that's just brilliant, what season are you in by the way?

I've just started season 18/19.

Capello won the world cup in 2014 (!) then retired and Claudio Ranieri (!) took over. England won the Euros in 2016 then bizzarely sacked Ranieri in favour of the mighty Sean Dyche who's been doing averagely well at Blackburn (Rovers appointing Andre Villas-Boas in his place). Dyche was such a storming success he never made it to past qualifying and resigned after a year in charge, Mancini taking over until a fateful lost to Argentina in the quarters a year later. Cue the legend that is Billy Shaw.

Bizzare, and as The Hand of God it seems like a bug. Doesn't bother me too much as I enjoy the surreality.

Yeh I went through imageshack the first time like that and didn't work, did the 2nd time, my fault must have been impatient or something.

Yeh very strange appointments by the AI in the game.

Jose Mourinho is managing a team in Portugal in my 2020 save. Not that's unrealistic, he could end up there, there's only so many big teams you can manage.

I also see the AI call up relatively unknown players for International duty, players with the potential of a sparrow.

Im only in 2019 but so far England managers have been Fabio Capello then Stuart Pearce, then Sam Allardyce and now John Carver (who was managing Aston Villa before his appointment)

i am managing in Scotland with Hearts long term, not sure if that makes a difference

Im only in 2019 but so far England managers have been Fabio Capello then Stuart Pearce, then Sam Allardyce and now John Carver (who was managing Aston Villa before his appointment)

i am managing in Scotland with Hearts long term, not sure if that makes a difference

I am also in 2019 and Carver had just been appointed manager. Surprisingly, they never offered me the job. I am currently a 'world class' manager and was offered the Spain, Argentina & Brazil job but not the England.....

Have you looked at his hidden attributes using a save game editor? Maybe some of his reputation levels are high despite what it says in the game?

As i can see, he has yet to loose a football match. Long live Billy Shaw.

Haha!

You piqued my interest so I had a look...

billy_shaw_4.jpg

His reputation seems to be the default for regens which puts him at roughly the same level as Hednesford's physio, whom I doubt has ever been mentioned even in his son's Family Newsletter, never mind given the highest pressure job in English football.

Lots of potential I suppose...

Doesn't bother me too much as I enjoy the surreality.

The problem is that it messes up international management because your managerial competition is terrible at man management and lacks the reputation to motivate international-level players.

Has he managed any matches yet? Would be interesting to see how that plays out.

Managing the national team may be hard in real life, but on FM it is mostly on autopilot with the manager getting sacked every 4 years or so. National managment is in my opinion one of the weaker sides of FM12 as there are to few variables to make it an interesting managment experience.

As a recently appointed England U21 manager, i will probably take advantage of the situation and call up 14 of my own players.

Roberto Mancini has just quit as England manager in my game after losing to Argentina in the quarter finals of the World Cup. I was extremely tempted to go for the job but decided against it - still very interested to find out who did get the job.

Step forward Billy Shaw.

billyshaw1.th.jpg

Regen manager supremo? Well... not quite. I was a bit surprised that I'd not heard of him again so I checked his bio:

billyshaw2.th.jpg

That's pretty surprising, although who'd want to employ him given these stats:

billy_shaw_3.jpg

What's all that about? :/

This is bug. Did you report this?

BTW what backround/skin you are using?

If you click on the first two images it'll take you to imageshack, then you can click on the image again to get a bigger version.

I've just started season 18/19.

Capello won the world cup in 2014 (!) then retired and Claudio Ranieri (!) took over. England won the Euros in 2016 then bizzarely sacked Ranieri in favour of the mighty Sean Dyche who's been doing averagely well at Blackburn (Rovers appointing Andre Villas-Boas in his place). Dyche was such a storming success he never made it to past qualifying and resigned after a year in charge, Mancini taking over until a fateful lost to Argentina in the quarters a year later. Cue the legend that is Billy Shaw.

Bizzare, and as The Hand of God it seems like a bug. Doesn't bother me too much as I enjoy the surreality.

As a Watford fan, the thought of Sean Dyche as England manager amuses me greatly. The ginger psychopath would be fantastic.

Has he managed any matches yet? Would be interesting to see how that plays out.

Managing the national team may be hard in real life, but on FM it is mostly on autopilot with the manager getting sacked every 4 years or so. National managment is in my opinion one of the weaker sides of FM12 as there are to few variables to make it an interesting managment experience.

As a recently appointed England U21 manager, i will probably take advantage of the situation and call up 14 of my own players.

He drew his first game -a friendly against Poland. Since that he's won three easy games against Kazekstan, Macedonia and Tunisia. I'm keeping my eye on how they do because in a couple of years I'll probably ready to go for the job myself.

This is bug. Did you report this?

BTW what backround/skin you are using?

I didn't report it because The Hand of God had done so already.

The skin is called R Skin.

As a Watford fan, the thought of Sean Dyche as England manager amuses me greatly. The ginger psychopath would be fantastic.

A 'psycho' defender who played for Forest managing England - maybe the game's not so unrealistic after all!

Archived