SUGGESTION: Inbox Messages view visual improvement

Not sure if suggestions should go here, so I apologize upfront.

On to the point: Just so we're on the same page about what I'm trying to point out - When pressing F4 or clicking the Inbox button it takes us to the page where "Inbox - ## messages displayed" is on the left side of the screen, it's where we respond to calls for Backroom meetings, Transfer negotiations etc.

Now, the 'improvement' I am referring to is about the notification that another club has offered a contract to one of my coaches. The reason I wrote "visual" in the title is because I believe that it would be enough to make the notification have a certain color (ie. blue/orange or w.e.) which would make the notification less likely to be missed. I play with Spain, Italy, England, France, Germany and Brazil active, and not with just the top leagues loaded, so when transfer windows are open, there's normally plenty to read about, which is good but should I want to just skip the news that do not concern my club it's very easy to miss the notification about another club trying to grab one of my coaches since there is no distinct difference between that notification and some random notification (ie. about a player in another league getting injured), it's not even colored with a lighter gray color. Furthermore, I feel strongly that it should have it's own color in the first place, as top coaches can become a very scarce commodity and one worth protecting. So far I've lost 2 top coaches in my first season to Arsenal, and 1 in my third season to Barcelona. Due to this I browse somewhat slowly through the many tens (often close to 100) messages that I receive daily when the transfer windows are open. Tweaking this notification in a small patch/fix to be visually distinctive would help a lot.

This comes up about once a month, I believe.

SI really need to improve the fact that coaches are poached all the time. Coaches should have loyalty and you should get the chance to offer them a contract before they move or not.

Oh I wasn't aware there were previous players who reported this 'issue'. True, one could say it's down to paying/not paying attention when one goes through his/her Inbox messages. BUT, playing with 5-6 active leagues means ~100 messages every day when transfer windows are open, and I'm probably not the only one who at times simply presses Space to fly through them unless I run into a "light gray" or "red" colored notification. PLUS to worsen the damn thing is the fact that the message itself is titled differently, with 2-3 variations being shuffled around, ie. "<Team> approach <coach>" or "<Team> offer contract to <coach>", which essentially means that we have to take a 'careful' glance at all the titles that show in the Inbox, or else we risk losing a top coach, but taking that 'careful' glance makes the Summer windows last FOREVER and the January window lasting 50% longer than it should just cause I have to verify that no Inbox message title came up to notify me someone approached my coach. Instead, this should not even be a notification but a warning!

Furthermore, having some additional contract goodies for staff would also help a club hold onto their backroom people, ie. 1 to 5 star houses, 1 - 5 star cars, loyalty bonus. Naturally these are just off the top of my head and somewhat lame, but it's worth having a look at how a club can improve connections with their staff via contracts and implement whatever ideas SI sees fit. But without getting ahead of ourselves, having the "Poach Coach" notification appear in distinct BLUE color would 'solve' the issue for now, and would 'put a pin there' for the next FM2013 with regards to staff contracts.

I play with like 10 countries and at least 20 leagues and I dont get 100s of messages aday...

Player signings make the bulk of the messages I was referring to, and depending on one's preference it can be regarded as relevant/irrelevant notification to have in your inbox. Disabling it to have a 'clearer' Inbox is not a solution as there are players who like knowing "who bought who", but at the same time those player signing notifications by other clubs are not even nearly as important as matters concerning my own club are. So even if you had 5 messages per day, the "Poach Coach" notification means you might lose one of your coaches thus meaning it is a very important matter for your club and as such should be at least colored differently to reflect that importance.

Inbox should be customisable.

From colouring incoming mail for different offers all the way to disregarding certain messages.

A "x" on the messages you don't want to receive would be a blessing.

Couldn't agree more with you. Seeing how much the game progressed over the years, implementing such a feature surely isn't rocket-science, yet with this being suggested XY times before I can't help but think that SI seems to be ignoring suggestions from consumers to make small/easy improvements that would actually have a nice impact.

Not at all true.

Last year I made a very compelling argument that when you sign a Scout they should come with pre-reports. As a Scout would have knowledge prior to joining.

And I made the suggestion that when you join a club that Scouts would already have Reports ready. As they would. They don't redact or shred their reports when a manager leaves.

And now it happens. When you takeover a club you have scout reports, when you sign a scout they have reports of players they have looked at recently.

The main reason for the argument was that the AI was making transfers before I even got a scout report back after taking a job. Now I have the opportunity to use pre-scout reports to find players and battle the AI in transfer signings. Which I didn't have before.

SI are brilliant at listening to it's customers and implementing their suggestions where possible. Some things take a long time to do though.

What we're saying about customising the InBox, they might be working on that for 2 or 3 years, and we say "They never listen" well they might be doing it right now and have been. But it's a complex beast and needs more than a years work.

Or they might not be working on it all, deciding to spend resources and time on other elements of the game that need attention. They have to prioritise their work too. So it might be at the top of the list or the bottom of the list, or someone could be working on it in their spare time and when it's ready it will be released, but they aren't priortising it.

Oh, I went with Steam since I play on various PCs and for me FM belongs among one of those games where I refuse to 'take the shady road' out of sheer principle (be it a pirated version, an abused original CD key etc.). That said, I have quite a nasty knack to rush head long and click those links you can find on MegaUpload, oh wait... but like many Paradox games (all EUniversalis, Rome, CKings 1 & 2, all HOIs + expansions/DLCs etc.) SI's FM is one of the games I want to 'really' own and support the developer. I think I've had pirated versions up to FM 2007 and previous CMs of course, mostly due to the fact it was quite hard to get them in Serbia if not impossible (can't even remember if I tried getting a legal 2007 game since at that time it was so 'normal' that you can't get legit games here). Hell, I still eagerly await the day we will get the PayPal service...

Archived