How is FA cup income divided?

Simple question, how is match day income(tickets) divided in the FA cup?

I'm managing Rochdale in League 1, so a succesful FA cup campaign is quite likely to save my finances.. I know that you get a portion of the ticket income when playing away from home, but how much? And how is match day expenses handled? Does the FA take a portion of the income as well? And does this apply to all games, or just when the smaller teams play the big teams?

And finally, does this only apply to the FA cup, or is it the same for the league cup, FA trophy and/or johnstones paint trophy?

I tried searching the forum for any previous threads, but didn't find any answers. If this is a common question and my google-fu is weak, please feel free to directmy incompetent behind to the appropriate thread. Thanks!

According to FA rules:

Net gate receipts shall be divided as follows:

(i) In matches prior to the Third Round of the Competition Proper (other than replayed

matches in the Competition Proper), the net gate receipts of each match shall be

divided equally between the competing Clubs.

(ii) In replayed matches in the Competition Proper prior to the Third Round, 5% of the net

gate receipts shall be remitted to The Association and the balance shall be divided

equally between the competing Clubs.

(iii) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition

Proper, the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:

45% to each Club competing in the match.

10% to the Pool.

(iv) In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition

Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:

5% to The Association.

42.5% to each Club.

10% to the Pool.

© “The Pool” shall be a fund held by The Association which shall be divided at the completion

of the Competition between the FA Premier League and the Football League for onward

distribution to the Clubs in the FA Premier League and the Football League which

participated in the Competition. The 5% payment to The Association for replayed matches

in the First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition Proper shall

be divided at the completion of the Competition amongst all the Clubs outside the FA

Premier League and The Football League playing in the First Round of the Competition

Proper.

(d) In matches played in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition Proper

involving Clubs outside the FA Premier League or The Football League, the net gate

receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:

50% to Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The Football League.

40% to FA Premier League or Football League Clubs.

10% to the Pool (save where both Clubs are outside the FA Premier League or the Football

League).

(e) In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition Proper

involving Clubs outside the FA Premier League or The Football League, the net gate

receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:

47.5% to Clubs outside The FA Premier League or The Football League.

37.5% to FA Premier League or Football League Clubs.

10% to the Pool (save where both Clubs are outside The FA Premier League or The

Football League).

5% to The Association.

FA Cup 2010/11 Prize Fund

The prize fund allocated to each team, the brackets denote the amount of teams that will receive funds. Over all the rounds just under £15 million will be paid out by the Football Association.

* Extra Preliminary Round winners - £750 (201)

* Preliminary Round winners - £1,500 (166)

* First Round Qualifying winners - £3,000 (116)

* Second Round Qualifying winners - £4,500 (80)

* Third Round Qualifying winners - £7,500 (40)

* Fourth Round Qualifying winners - £12,500 (32)

* First Round Proper winners - £18,000 (40)

* Second Round Proper winners - £27,000 (20)

* Third Round Proper winners - £67,500 (32)

* Fourth Round Proper winners - £90,000 (16)

* Fifth Round Proper winners - £180,000 (8)

* Sixth Round Proper winners - £360,000 (4)

* Semi Final winners - £900,000 (2)

* Semi Final runners-up £450,000 (2)

* Final winners - £1,800,000 (1)

Archived