The Regens of Regensburg

SSV Jahn 2000 Regensburg are an average team in the German Regional Division South. They don't stand out from any other team and they are predicted in a very average 10th spot.

Yet for us FMers, this lowly German club could be home to one of the hardest challenges possible. To a usual football fan this team will be unknown and home to nothing special in footballing terms. But for us Fmers there is more to the name Regensburg. The new home of the Regen.

The challenge is simple to explain but anything but to complete. All you have to do is gain promotion to the Bundesliga and win it. The hard part? You can only use the true citizens of Regensburg....the regens.

You may only use regen players in your way up the German leagues. Your challenge is to find the hidden gems of regens in the game and also breed your own class of regens in your youth system.

This challenge would be near impossible during the first season as the number of regens is very low. Therefore for season 1, you can play the real Regensburg players but after season 1, its down to the Regens.

Rules:

1. You can load as many Leagues as you want

2. Database size is also up to you

3. Player naming is allowed

4. Screenshots of your regens is definately encouraged

5. Regens can be signed from anywhere

If you want to take on this challenge, Good Luck in Regensburg

SSV Jahn 2000 Regensburg are an average team in the German Regional Division South. They don't stand out from any other team and they are predicted in a very average 10th spot.

Yet for us FMers, this lowly German club could be home to one of the hardest challenges possible. To a usual football fan this team will be unknown and home to nothing special in footballing terms. But for us Fmers there is more to the name Regensburg. The new home of the Regen.

The challenge is simple to explain but anything but to complete. All you have to do is gain promotion to the Bundesliga and win it. The hard part? You can only use the true citizens of Regensburg....the regens.

You may only use regen players in your way up the German leagues. Your challenge is to find the hidden gems of regens in the game and also breed your own class of regens in your youth system.

This challenge would be near impossible during the first season as the number of regens is very low. Therefore for season 1, you can play the real Regensburg players but after season 1, its down to the Regens.

Rules:

1. You can load as many Leagues as you want

2. Database size is also up to you

3. Player naming is allowed

4. Screenshots of your regens is definately encouraged

5. Regens can be signed from anywhere

If you want to take on this challenge, Good Luck in Regensburg

One of the better challenges about recently, and definitely a great idea. If I ever get around to completing Daf's challenge (and Gundo's, god forbid icon_frown.gif ) - I might actually give this a go. It sounds very exciting.

The bit I don't get though is the ... "Your challenge is to find the hidden gems of regens in the game, and also breed your own class of regens from your youth system"

To me, that says, you can use any regen created in the game. Eventually, that will make this challenge quite easy, although it may take 8-10 years before progress is made, and the FM world is mainly filled with regens.

If, on the other hand, it was 100% just regens from regensburg, this challenge would be a doozy, and something I would love to see people take part in.

Good to see a new challenge thats more orginal than most.

Are you saying in the summer after the first season, you have to sell all your players and sign a squad of regens? That could be very hard as most of them will be 15/16.

Thanks for a bit of interest here. I started and decided to sell off the players and start with regens from scratch. I got quite a few sold, and found some potentially good regens in my youth. But they are still young and I would say it would be near impossible to not get sacked playing only the 15/16 yr old regens.

Nep - when making this challenge I meant for any regen on the game. But if you would prefer to do it with only local regens hats off to you. If this is a preferred challenge then others please state before too many start.

Scohom - After 1 season you must have a squad of regens only. This should by then consist of 16 or 17 year olds, 18 at tops. It is your challenge to play them in season 1 though, so they gain experience and can handle a season on their own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Nep is right that after a certain point it will make no difference, but doing it with only local players would be near impossible.

No probs with helping come up with the idea btw icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me, if this rises to fame as dafuges has then you wont be forgotten icon_wink.gif as unlikely as that is

Hmmmm - still makes it really hard in the first few years. What about they have to be newly created regens? Eg under 18 or have no more than 2 year's worth of playing history?

Oh and I would assume scouting tools are banned, or did that go without saying?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Hmmmm - still makes it really hard in the first few years. What about they have to be newly created regens? Eg under 18 or have no more than 2 year's worth of playing history?

Oh and I would assume scouting tools are banned, or did that go without saying? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

very nice. This should be named Matty and Bermybhoy s regen challenge haha

Rule 6. You may only sign newly created regens, those with less than 2 years experience or those from a German clubs youth system

Archived