Set all my Prem squad to 'not needed' / 'listed' / 50% value and offered them to clubs.

As per title, I offered all clubs every one of my players in transfer window and not one club in the ENTIRE world bid on any of them. They all came back with "reducing the wage budget" excuse even though my players are only on 10k - 18k a week and are not shabby at all (player include a 35 goal a season Billy Sharp and many future England stars)

This for me proves that the current AI / Transfer system is completely broken and trying to make any money on any of your players is near on impossible, plus you end up with a 50+ squad. Yes, you do get the odd transfer bid but not enough to keep you're head above the water.

I bedgrudge having to offer all my fringe players ;who would get into a decent prem squad, out for £0 and i'm sure at least one club in the world would be interested in taking a gamble on a English striker in his mid-20's hitting 35+ goals in on a regular basis!

I've been playing since CM and i'm sure it didnt used to be like this. Maybe i'm going senile in my old age...:confused:

Please SI stop spending time trying to make press conferences tolerable (never happen) and get the basic fundamentals sorted.

I didnt buy 2012 because of this, I stopped playing 2011 because of this, I went back to 2010 and its still the same situation. It has got worse over the last few years but its not an entirely new thing.

I've gone back to 2008 and it doesnt suffer from this, the last decent FM. Although I dont think 2009 has this problem.

I think it was introduced to try to make the game harder.

Anyway I do agree that the transfer system is **** up, Like in my save Arsenal is selling Van Persie for 5 mil and I was the only one who tried to get him(He was the one who didn't wanna come to my team).

And I got Tevez on a free transfer, definitely would never happen.

Its funny, because on my 2010 save I couldnt sell anyone, I had been at the club for 15 years or so. I left and an AI manager came in and was selling my players for all sorts of prices. And then he replaced them with any old overpriced garbage.

I bought a player for 12million, he was an absolute star, 6 months later 2 or 3 clubs come in and start bidding 3m + 9m over years. Why on earth would I accept that? Then you make a bid for a AI player valued at 5million who is only worth about 5million and the comp wants 30m for him...

This post hits the nail on the head!

I doubt you will get an official response on this as they won't want too admit their sim is in fact full of problems.

Ribery retired from football in my game aged 31.

I also offered Ribery and Robben for free too all clubs and did not get one single bid!! I can rarely sell anyone who is not one of the first 11.

Totally unrealistic and not how real football works.

Its SUPER EASY too sell players for free in real life.

This partially seems to be a result of the size of the database. A larger database will produce more quality players meaning there will be less demand for players. To compensate for this, you should set more leagues as playable as this will make more teams active in the transfer market. Keep in mind, clubs in "View-only" leagues generally won't even go after loans and clubs in non-viewable leagues may not even hire new managers. This is obviously unrealistic, but it's done to reduce processing time.

So if you're playing with just one or two playable leagues with 50,000+ players in a custom database, I could see this being a huge problem. When I load 12+ leagues and don't use a custom database to add more players, I can usually offload players unless they're demanding huge wages and I notice players like Welbeck and Sturridge tend to go out on loan in Holland or Portugal rather just rotting in the AI's reserve teams.

I think most people are agreed that this needs addressing fairly urgently. It is possible to get some offers for players (I offloaded 33 year old Nikola Zigic and his enormous wage packet for £500k today - about £100k less than his rapidly declining value), but it seems to be much easier early in a transfer window, particularly the summer window. Presumably this is because AI clubs max out their wage budgets and lose the ability to adjust them in order to squeeze in an extra player.

I think most people are agreed that this needs addressing fairly urgently. It is possible to get some offers for players (I offloaded 33 year old Nikola Zigic and his enormous wage packet for £500k today - about £100k less than his rapidly declining value), but it seems to be much easier early in a transfer window, particularly the summer window. Presumably this is because AI clubs max out their wage budgets and lose the ability to adjust them in order to squeeze in an extra player.

That's no different to how it works irl, a good number of clubs have to offload to bring new players in during the January window, as THofG said if a game is balanced in respect to active leagues & player database size shifting unwanted players is not that difficult.

I'm in year 2024. Other than the first season in Blue Square Bet, i have no problems selling players. Current club financial status is rich, mainly from selling.

The key for me is having the players play at least 10 first team matches (in the current season) and they should get decent offers. Not sure if this will work on your save but it sure work on mine.

On a side note, I tend to buy youngsters with high PA only and very rarely anyone above 24. Hope it helps.

For me the key to selling players is when you offer them out. I always try to offload players before they are of no use to me and therefore not playing any football. You should know when a player has about outlived his usefullness and offer him out at the end of that season before teams have had a chance to spend their budgets. If you wait until half through the summer transfer window then there will be less sides willing to buy as they have already brought in other targets. If you can't sell then loan.

All that being said there are definately areas of the tranfer system that require some work and I can't defend some of the issues with it.

Whoever said it was a problem in FM11 must be doing something wrong. I can offload any old rubbish most of the time. It's almost too easy.

Sounds like things are a bit different in FM12 though. Hopefully it gets patched up :thup:

For me the key to selling players is when you offer them out. I always try to offload players before they are of no use to me and therefore not playing any football. You should know when a player has about outlived his usefullness and offer him out at the end of that season before teams have had a chance to spend their budgets. If you wait until half through the summer transfer window then there will be less sides willing to buy as they have already brought in other targets. If you can't sell then loan.

All that being said there are definately areas of the tranfer system that require some work and I can't defend some of the issues with it.

I would agree with this. As Birmingham manager heading into 2014-15 I managed to offload both Nikola Zigic and Stephen Caldwell for cash despite them being past their best because they've both played the previous season (Zigic was first choice, Caldwell played quite a lot under my predecessor). Chris Burke has sat in the reserves for years and is now unsellable even for free (and won't accept a mutual termination). I've seen something similar happen with Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain who never quite cracks the Arsenal line-up, but doesn't get snapped up by a Championship or lower Premier League team because he has no record of playing even when his attributes are good.

Do you have the save from right at the start?

If so, please post this in the bugs forum so it can be looked at.

Cheers.

It is not a bug (unintentional outcome of code). The way I see it, the game is unbalanced when it comes to transfers for these reasons:

* The reputation system is not adequate to regulate the transfer market

* The AI auto-renew contracts and therefore does not free up space and wage budget in order to strengthen the squad.

* The AI doesn't look at player history (enough), so for instance, a player that has scored 30 league goals in PL in two seasons but because of injury hasn't played much in the third and then is transfer listed isn't wanted by anyone. And from then on he will not become wanted by anyone - ever!

Basically, I recommend for SI to turn the entire thing around: the AI should not want -any- of its players since they are inherently not good enough (this is an universal truth). Then reality kicks in and they need to retain some players - enough to have a team next year and the years coming, so they keep the players that will be the most difficult to replace. Then you tweak this so that the game reflects real life. Now you have a transfer market that is working from the start, but is hampered by the players, who aren't aware of how good they actually are and what is for their own good. If they were, clubs would sign players that strengthen their teams and the players would find a club suitable for their ability. Then you tweak this so that it reflects real life - some players really don't know what is for their own good.

I've just taken the job at Juventus, who finished 12th in Serie A in 2012/13. Every single player I've put on the transfer list has sold, 12 players in total, and I didn't have to offer any of them out on a free (please note, this excludes all those co-ownership deals that had to be sorted).

I interact with each player first, and if they disagree at first, I just leave the conversation. I then put them to "Not Needed by the Club" and "Not Available for Loan" and set what I feel is a reasonable fee. For some players (in this instance Elia, Matri and Felipe Melo) my asking price will be above their value, for others (Pazienza, De Ceglie and Barzagli, for example) beneath. I'll leave it for a day and see if their is any interest. Players that have interest, will then be offered out at the asking price. If they haven't garnered interest in 3 days, I drop the asking price a little further, to see if that will stimulate any activity. If no interest, I offer out at £0, with installments to the value of the asking price.

The only times I can think of, off the top of my head, where I've failed to sell a player at all is with Emile Heskey and Yossi Benayoun. In both examples, it would probably be fair to describe them as players in the twilight of their career on exorbitant wages, which will always pose a problem when trying to move them on.

Archived