Using your Assistant Manager to find his replacement

GIMN

A very silly observation, but I can't help but feel it's a little bit harsh to be able to search for Assistant Managers using the Assistant Manager to Exclude Unrealistic Transfers option.

Essentially my first day as manager at Aston Villa involves this conversation:

Oh hi, you must be Peter Grant, Big Eck's number 2 - so glad to finally meet you, I've heard lots of good things. Actually, I've got a little job for you straightaway, if you could be so kind. Could you just draw me up a list of potential Assistant Managers, please - A few candidates a bit more inspirational and personable than yourself, you know, someone that likes to play prettier football, I'm sure you get the gist. Oh, and once you've done that, how about we go halvesies on your remaining contract and you clear your desk...I reckon Big Eck needs someone to keep him company on the scrap heap.

Is it cheating to have your 'regular' staff in your fm notes and quickly offer them contracts in any new save? This way you dont even ask the assistant, you just fire him lol. This is what the board suggests at the start after all

Archived