Effects of number of players loaded?

Could someone explain what advantages or disadvantages there are to running a small database. I usually run about 20,000 players and this runs quite quickly for me but am I putting myself or the AI at a disadvantage by doing so? I don't want to increase the number of players if it is just a case of more players for me to choose from then but if i'm weakening the AI squad building by limiting their options then I may want to increase it. Thanks in advance.

The advantage is it will run fast, the more players the slower it goes.. the disadvantage is theres less players to chose from.. but its the same for the AI too so I cant see it making it easier. I think maybe it makes it harder to sell. But I dont know. The AI cant build a team to save its life so more players/less players it isnt going to make much difference.

Personally I would run as many players as my PC could handle. 20,000 is tiny. I normally go at least 100,000 with my below average PC.

I would rather load players than leagues.

I only have a laptop and do like to process quickly. I have a good squad and keep my numbers low so I'm more concerned with the AI finding talent. Gonna try to increase gradually until it begins to slow. Thanks for the reply.

I only have a laptop and do like to process quickly. I have a good squad and keep my numbers low so I'm more concerned with the AI finding talent. Gonna try to increase gradually until it begins to slow. Thanks for the reply.

The realism in inactive leagues can become a problem too. The clubs often end up with no staff and no players, and the valuation of the players may be 1/10th of what it would be if the league was active. The more leagues and the bigger the database you run, the better the gameworld becomes. With only 20 000 players and only one or a few leagues loaded long term games become boring very quickly in my experience. So a large database with all the big European top divisions loaded + Brazil and Argentina and all leagues in the nation you play is highly recommended. This translates to 60-70 000 players.

The realism in inactive leagues can become a problem too. The clubs often end up with no staff and no players, and the valuation of the players may be 1/10th of what it would be if the league was active. The more leagues and the bigger the database you run, the better the gameworld becomes. With only 20 000 players and only one or a few leagues loaded long term games become boring very quickly in my experience. So a large database with all the big European top divisions loaded + Brazil and Argentina and all leagues in the nation you play is highly recommended. This translates to 60-70 000 players.

Thanks again. Will push it as far as my patience allows.

Archived