football manager 2009

Originally posted by elton:

in the new football manager 2009 the should make it were you could become the chairman off a football club after your retire would be excellent reply if you think good

Posted many times and everytime gets a icon13.gif

Originally posted by megafan2005:

I beleive his has been brought up before this game is Football Manager not Football Chairman

Read his post again, he says :

'the should make it were you could become the chairman off a football club after your retire'

Which is stating going chairman after you are 60+ (or whatever) and have retired from managing.

I think this wouldn't be a bad idea, but not sure if it would be viable to be inputted into the game due to time/resources on the overall game.

Nice idea though icon14.gif

RECORDS so we can break them likeicon_razz.giflayers scoring in consecutive match's, fastest goals scored, highest paid player, world record tranfer fee things like this.

also can you please put in kit changes as this is a big part of a club,

also what about a bit more fan interaction like players the fans would like the club to buy or players they think should be playing more regular.

and maybe its a big ask but what about some curruption like players going out and getting involed in fights and roasting charges lol and defo bungs and bribes could have a lot of fun with things like this. PLEASE PUT THIS LOT IN

Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> For at least the eighth time.

Feeling generous today? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Today my generosity knows no bounds!

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's usefull to pass the reputation, number of titles of the previous version to the newer version. It is better to continue a game with the evolution... and continuous reputation.

Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> For at least the eighth time.

Feeling generous today? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Today my generosity knows no bounds! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

off topic. should be yellow carded for frivolous posting

Originally posted by Smoggster:

why the fook do u want to be a chairman that would just be the most boring game ever

Of course, there are probably some people (my fiancée, for example) who say that playing a game where you are the manager of a football team must be the most boring game. icon_razz.gif

I've always wanted to be a chairman of Dundee Football Club, get them in the UEFA cup, sack the manager, build a new stadium/training etc. It would also be good if you could be a consortium, like the souness one!

I'm sorry but I don't see what SI could gain from implementing such an idea.

I can see what the OP "wants", as stadium building and more financial control are aspects used in other games. Maybe if they're so keen on such attributes, they should just play those games. On the other hand, it may be that they wish that SI would make such a game, because the competitors offerings lack depth and just are'nt very good. icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by elton:

in the new football manager 2009 the should make it were you could become the chairman off a football club after your retire would be excellent reply if you think good

What would you do? What would the game be?

• 3 weeks later...

I think this opens up great potential.

How about football manager Retired?? Something like an X-version which could be an addon.

Features:

- click to continue

I'm sure SI could plant a lot of bugs even on this one.

Or how about Football Janitor? Football Water Boy? Football Fan?? (where you can go and watch a game in the weekend!!)

Or even Football - College Basketball Coach. Since you're a basketball coach you don't have anything to do with football so you simply can't manage any clubs!!!

YEAH! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by LtCyc:

Or even Football - College Basketball Coach. Since you're a basketball coach you don't have anything to do with football so you simply can't manage any clubs!!!

YEAH! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Not bad but im in the process of copyrighting my game - Football kit man.

You start off at a low league club and work your way up.

You can be rewarded if you do well but if you put someones shirt in the wrong place you can be fined and have your total career earnings dented.

I think a better alternative would be an option for you to use your career earnings to buy the club when you have enough money. This is possible on FIFA Manager although I have foun a flaw and can now buy the club for nothing icon_biggrin.gif A great way of avoiding the sack if you have an awful run.

Originally posted by thenaturepig:

How about we just let SI get the Football Manager bit right before we start asking for Chairman-add-ons..

Just an opinion...

icon14.gif I agree.

Though, even if the manager part was working, the chairman idea would still be bad... and still have no place in FM.

It isnt a matter of PLAYING AS A CHAIRMAN

If you have a created manager in game, and after 35 successful seasons at a club, you retire that manager and create a new manager to play with, it would be a neat feature to have the old manager (the one you already retired, and are NO LONGER PLAYING AS) come up as a potential chairman of the club that he once served so well.

make more sense?

Its more of an easter egg than expanded gameplay

I've always given this a huge thumbs down.

BUT: If when you hit sixty something the game could say "Your contract's coming to an end, rather then renew it the board have decided to offer you a posision on the board"

At which point accepting retired your manager and let you start from there with a new one, the old having joined the board.

It makes more sense then having 128 year old managers which we currently have, doesn't it? It's not even like 1/10th of players will see fourty seasons.

Originally posted by Spagbol:

BUT: If when you hit sixty something the game could say "Your contract's coming to an end, rather then renew it the board have decided to offer you a posision on the board"

At which point accepting retired your manager and let you start from there with a new one, the old having joined the board.

It makes more sense then having 128 year old managers which we currently have, doesn't it? It's not even like 1/10th of players will see fourty seasons.

This is the only way I'd be happy if the idea was to be implemented somehow. But it certainly shouldn't be mandatory that the player HAS to retire and start anew once the age hits a certain point.

Originally posted by Spagbol:

icon14.gif I've said this every time someone asks about a chairman game. I want to be able to be offered the job when i'm old and been at a club for a long time, but as soon as I accept my name etc should be retired from the game and have no impact whatsoever. Just add a new player and that's that.

Why the hell would I want to play a game in which the only thing I could possibly control is transfers and sacking a manager, the latter which I could only do once every 2-3 years YAWN.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spagbol:

icon14.gif I've said this every time someone asks about a chairman game. I want to be able to be offered the job when i'm old and been at a club for a long time, but as soon as I accept my name etc should be retired from the game and have no impact whatsoever. Just add a new player and that's that.

Why the hell would I want to play a game in which the only thing I could possibly control is transfers and sacking a manager, the latter which I could only do once every 2-3 years YAWN. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at some of the news reports I read lately, you can do it way more frequent. Heck, if you're chairman at empoli, you can get back the manager you fired earlier in the season.

Patje.lol

What happens if your manager is successul, that would be a game in which the only thing you do is sign players and that's that. Unless you want to mimic Abramovich, but I just don't see the appeal in hiring and firing a manager. It would be fun the first few times but even then you would holiday in between. You would also holiday in between transfer windows because there is nothing at all you would have to do.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

Patje.lol

What happens if your manager is successul, that would be a game in which the only thing you do is sign players and that's that. Unless you want to mimic Abramovich, but I just don't see the appeal in hiring and firing a manager. It would be fun the first few times but even then you would holiday in between. You would also holiday in between transfer windows because there is nothing at all you would have to do.

I'm not saying it would be fun, I spit on the idea of being a chairman in a game. It's just that I disagree with firing a manager every 2-3 years, it can be a lot more frequent, as things like those happen IRL aswell. Some clubs have 3 different managers in a season. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Patje.lol:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

Patje.lol

I'm not saying it would be fun, I spit on the idea of being a chairman in a game. It's just that I disagree with firing a manager every 2-3 years, it can be a lot more frequent, as things like those happen IRL aswell. Some clubs have 3 different managers in a season. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick random fact, only 13 of the 92 football league managers have been managing the same club for over 3 years.

Archived