Untimely Takeover Launch!!

On FM10 currently managing Brentford and after 3 seasons of what I think is great success, a potential takeover occurs, lead by Javier Zanetti. Thought it can't be the former Inter player, and after a quick check, couldn't find him in a search, so its look likely. Wasn't happy he has Nigel Pearson lined up as manager considering he's been sacked twice already!!!

Anyway, as the screenshots show, it occurred on the 30th June!!! Given I have only spent £1k in 3 years and a buying policy of watching players as their contract is about to expire and sign them up after they are released, a transfer embargo was bad enough, but then I was only able to offer £350 per week max to any player!!! It's now the 25th July and after updates of it going well its now on the rocks during the most important period for me to sign players!!! I wouldnt have minded if it had been in the middle of the season!!!

brentford.th.png

brentford2.th.png

brentford3.th.png

brentford4.th.png

brentford5.th.png

I could not imagine the prospect of Javier Zanetti taking over your club would ever be untimely. Who wouldnt want that?

It has just fallen through as he couldnt get the cash!!! Said the cash was coming Buenos Aires. Sounds dodgy and thankfully not happening.

I had Zanetti once as chairman of my B71 side (Faroe Islands :lol: ) he did well, giving me a lot of money each month. He also wanted to replace me, though that didn't happen because I did well when he took over the club. You always get some time to prive yourself, so i can't say it ever bothers me.

Archived