Screenshot - wtf??

These are the favs for the champions league this season. Firstly, who are these teams? Secondly, how are they in the champions league? And thirdly...WHY are they favourites? This is one of the weirdest things I've seen in FM.

These are the favs for the champions league this season. Firstly, who are these teams? Secondly, how are they in the champions league? And thirdly...WHY are they favourites? This is one of the weirdest things I've seen in FM.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Are you playing a network game? Or have you tinkered with the editor?

Mulhouse start the game in the French National league, 2 below Ligue 1, and Amorebieta are a non league Spanish team, neither of which could have qualified by this time in game! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol i knew someone was goin to give the answer in the time it took to find those links!

it was tiny. The club were reasonably big by French standards in the 1970s and early 1980s but they've been in the lower reaches of the French leagues ever since. I did manage to get them into Ligue Un in FM07 but that took about 15 years of persistence.

It's either a bug or possibly (not suggesting you did this) it's one of SI's piracy prevention devices.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cliff7197:

Is it a legit copy of FM, or is it downloaded from somewhere? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on man, thats under the belt icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cliff7197:

Is it a legit copy of FM, or is it downloaded from somewhere? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh come on man, thats under the belt icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not neccessarily- SI have done this type of thing before to discourage pirating.

Who's swearing?? Its definitely not the database i'm just using the .2 patch database and haven't edited. It might be an anti-piracy thing; i'll be honest this copy is cracked i left my disc at uni. But if that's the case this is a seriously random anti-piracy device. I just found this funny, why would it put people off copying the game?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MDUK:

Who's swearing?? Its definitely not the database i'm just using the .2 patch database and haven't edited. It might be an anti-piracy thing; i'll be honest this copy is cracked i left my disc at uni. But if that's the case this is a seriously random anti-piracy device. I just found this funny, why would it put people off copying the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations on getting yourself banned. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MDUK:

Who's swearing?? Its definitely not the database i'm just using the .2 patch database and haven't edited. It might be an anti-piracy thing; i'll be honest this copy is cracked i left my disc at uni. But if that's the case this is a seriously random anti-piracy device. I just found this funny, why would it put people off copying the game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bye bye.

and "wtf" is an abbreviation of what the [explicit word here]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by canvey!!:

Congratulations on getting yourself banned. icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah shame on yourself MDUK.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bomjr:

Oh come on man, thats under the belt icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not neccessarily- SI have done this type of thing before to discourage pirating. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin one. icon_biggrin.gif

Lol really? Didn't know that would happen. I own the game just left the disc in my other house, if i'm going to be punished for my honesty then i guess there's nothing i can do. Its been fun guys icon_smile.gif

How does this ruin the game though? So there are a couple of random teams in the champions league there are still all the big teams, you always get a few randomers in there anyway, although usually not from france / spain. I don't agree with the intrusive, over-protective anti-piracy measures, they just ruin things for everyone else; so I am glad SI are using a more subtle approach but if they want to stop piracy they need to be a bit more hard-line about it than this. Putting random teams in the champions league isn't going to put anyone off, all it does is make it obvious when people post on the forums about it (like now).

I'm not into piracy, I just love playing football manager and I'm not about to drive 150 miles to get my disc. If you want to ban me for that then fine, obviously I'm a little disappointed but you shouldn't put people who use nocds together with people who steal software. Its not the same.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">i'll be honest this copy is cracked </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That'll be why you have odd teams in the competition.

Yep was pretty sure it was anti-pircay. You get the small national teams qualifying for international tournaments as well.

Although if you were playing FM Handheld you would find that small teams and nations doing spectacularly well, happens with the legit copy!!!

How does this ruin the game though? So there are a couple of random teams in the champions league there are still all the big teams, you always get a few randomers in there anyway, although usually not from france / spain. I don't agree with the intrusive, over-protective anti-piracy measures, they just ruin things for everyone else; so I am glad SI are using a more subtle approach but if they want to stop piracy they need to be a bit more hard-line about it than this. Putting random teams in the champions league isn't going to put anyone off, all it does is make it obvious when people post on the forums about it (like now).

I'm not into piracy, I just love playing football manager and I'm not about to drive 150 miles to get my disc. If you want to ban me for that then fine, obviously I'm a little disappointed but you shouldn't put people who use nocds together with people who steal software. Its not the same. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this is just one of the things. one of the others is that instead of the top two in the champions league going through its the bottom two

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vane:

Yep was pretty sure it was anti-pircay. You get the small national teams qualifying for international tournaments as well.

Although if you were playing FM Handheld you would find that small teams and nations doing spectacularly well, happens with the legit copy!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well mine is legit and Scotland won Euro 2008 on mine and WC 2010 icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Midge:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vane:

Although if you were playing FM Handheld you would find that small teams and nations doing spectacularly well, happens with the legit copy!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well mine is legit and Scotland won Euro 2008 on mine and WC 2010 icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

could've happened! WC 2010 is a real possibility

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lfcfannic:

Yeah, my EURO 2008 was messed up - the bottom two teams qualified from each group...

thewierd thing is my copy is legit too... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats what they all say icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

and "wtf" is an abbreviation of what the [explicit word here] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't get it... what the flip?

PS Someone is starting a Free MDUK campaign. I can already the middle class liberal wetbacks making up their slogans...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

and "wtf" is an abbreviation of what the [explicit word here] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PS Someone is starting a Free MDUK campaign. I can already the middle class liberal wetbacks making up their slogans... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"flip" is about as explicit as lolly pop.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nelsonmcjones:

PS Someone is starting a Free MDUK campaign. I can already the middle class liberal wetbacks making up their slogans... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"flip" is about as explicit as lolly pop. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOLLY POP!!! How very dare you..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

i suppose it depends on how you use that lolly pop as to how explicit it is </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you get up to in your spare time is your business icon_wink.gif

Archived