Why do we still not have the option to issue an ultimatum when...

...the board sells players over our heads?

I have a 21 year old Newgen centre-back that has been a first team regular for my Everton team thats just finished 3rd in the League.

Arsenal come in with a £13m offer (the game values him at £4.9m) and the chairman accepts. Despite the fact that I paid £7.25m when he was 18, personally I think this shows that the 'value' rating is still broken beyond all belief, theres no way he's 'worth' less that what I paid for him now but it also shows that we still don't have as basic an option as to tell the chairman to get to **** when he goes above us.

The player values are broken in a way (when it comes to defensive players). You could have offered him a new contract and hope he signed for you. What are your clubs Finances like, if they are at an Okay rating, and your Chairman may have a high Interference rating, would explain why your Chairman accepted the offer.

If this is the case then, you have two options:

1.) accept that you are going to lose your star players if good offers come in for them

2.) resign and find a new club

You should get a question on this in the next press conference asking you how you feel about your Chairman selling a player without your consent. You can then answer by saying you are deeply upset (something along those lines). You will also get asked then about your relationship with you Chairman. You could say you don't have a good relationship.

This though could lead to you being sacked depending on the Chairman's patience attribute.

just resign then.....

But I don't particularly want to, I just want the game to give me the option of letting the chairman know that if he does that again I'm gone, and if he can't let me have control over transfers than he'll have to sack me.

I don't think that conversation is at all unrealistic, and the option should be there to do that.

As for finances, they're healthy but slightly in the red because of buying players but the stupid thing is is that I'm not gonna get a replacement as good that cheap so it will cost us money in the long run.

The player values are broken in a way (when it comes to defensive players). You could have offered him a new contract and hope he signed for you. What are your clubs Finances like, if they are at an Okay rating, and your Chairman may have a high Interference rating, would explain why your Chairman accepted the offer.

If this is the case then, you have two options:

1.) accept that you are going to lose your star players if good offers come in for them

2.) resign and find a new club

You should get a question on this in the next press conference asking you how you feel about your Chairman selling a player without your consent. You can then answer by saying you are deeply upset (something along those lines). You will also get asked then about your relationship with you Chairman. You could say you don't have a good relationship.

This though could lead to you being sacked depending on the Chairman's patience attribute.

This.

As for finances' date=' they're healthy but slightly in the red[/quote']

There's an answer.

That said, I agree that it could be an option in the boardroom, though as your club is in the red, I don't think it would be very sensible to question player sales in such a way if you genuinely want to stick around.

Also, what you chose to pay for the player isn't really his worth, just what you were willing to pay. What was his value when you signed him? Your board accepted a bid of over 2.5 times his value and almost twice as much as you paid for him. Doesn't seem all that far fetched tbh.

This.

There's an answer.

That said, I agree that it could be an option in the boardroom, though as your club is in the red, I don't think it would be very sensible to question player sales in such a way if you genuinely want to stick around.

Also, what you chose to pay for the player isn't really his worth, just what you were willing to pay. What was his value when you signed him? Your board accepted a bid of over 2.5 times his value and almost twice as much as you paid for him. Doesn't seem all that far fetched tbh.

Can't remember, probably around about £4m.

To compound my confusion, Madrid just made a £35m offer for a LW that is valued at £17.5m and the game reckons I signed for £44m, although in reality I probably paid about 2/3rds of that because of the clauses involved. If it was purely a financial need for money surely he would have gone as well?

I fail to believe in real life as well, that a 21 year old starting centre back for a Top 4 side with 3 years left on his contract would go to a top four rival for anything less than £20m, let alone be 'worth' less than what he was signed for after 3 years of solid improvement.

As for ultimatums, I would be fairly certain the board would back me. In my 4 seasons at the club I won 2 trophies (FA Cup and Carling Cup) qualified for the Champions League twice, got them into Europe every season without fail and reached the Europa League Semi-Finals and Champions League quarter finals (where I was very unlucky to be knocked out by Barca). Additionally, my rep probably outranks the club, seeing as I'm a CL and EC winner, and have managed England, Bayern and United before trying my hand at Everton.

Did you already sell the defender before the Real Madrid offer? Might explain why the board didn't interfere with that deal. Sounds like a possibly reason is reputation. Perhaps your defender is still national? Thus the board would think this is a good deal? As much as I agree, that I wouldn't want to sell what appears to be a top player in a top league, there are probably some logical in game reasons for it, some of which I've touched on.

Also, why are you so sure the board would back you, if it's the chairman that's going over your head? You'd probably be fired tbh, that's usually how ultimatums work.

Did you already sell the defender before the Real Madrid offer? Might explain why the board didn't interfere with that deal. Sounds like a possibly reason is reputation. Perhaps your defender is still national? Thus the board would think this is a good deal?

Also, why are you so sure the board would back you, if it's the chairman that \'s going over your head. You'd probably be fired tbh.

Well I think I'm a fan favourite, and out rep the club. So I don't think it would be popular if he did sack me tbh.

And no, the finances are worse now because the money from selling my CB seemed to vanish and I've had to buy a new one.

Well I think I'm a fan favourite' date=' and out rep the club. So I don't think it would be popular if he did sack me tbh.

And no, the finances are worse now because the money from selling my CB seemed to vanish and I've had to buy a new one.[/quote']

Doesn't matter what your reputation is, a board will have no problem firing you for giving an ultimatum. Even if they do keep you, the player still gets sold and you become really unpopular with the chairman.

The money didn't vanish, you spent it on another player. If you only spent part of it and the money is still gone, then the club is obviously losing it in other ways. I dunno, you seem unwilling to look for reasons, or listen to suggestions. The reasons are most likely really obvious, but you can just ignore them if you like.

Doesn't matter what your reputation is, a board will have no problem firing you for giving an ultimatum. The money didn't vanish, you spent it on another player. If you only spent part of it and the money is still gone, then the club is obviously losing it in other ways. I dunno, you seem unwilling to look for reasons, or listen to suggestions. The reasons are most likely really obvious, but you can just ignore them if you like.

Well I spent £13m on replacing a player that was sold for £13m but am nonetheless £10m worse off.

The reason I'm not bothered, is because there is zero negative impact for bad financial management. The club will give me £40m to spend without fail every season, a fee I can easily stretch to 4x that if I particularly want to (I don't because its an exploit), and my bank balance will always be roughly replenished up to break even from about £40m in the red purely from CL, League TV money, sponsorship and prize money, which will increase as soon as my league position improves, something that will happen with better players.

Even if I **** that up, the game won't punish me, it will merely restructure my finances putting me back in the black and giving me a few hundred thousand a month monthly repayments.

Until the game ever properly punishes you for poor financial management, placing you in administration, forcibly selling your top assets (and the only reason my centre back was sold was because I did not play the game properly, either setting his ask value to 0 so the board never steps in or putting the price up so high that no one will bother coming in) there is no reason to ever bother managing them properly.

just set his asking price to 200 millions. no offers will come in EVER for him.

Or set it to £0 - no club will bid more than that, which means that he will never be sold over your head. You might get a lot of emails, though...

Did you have value set for him. I ask because I once had a player that I had valued at £15m and my chairman accepted an offer of £13m and this is the only time he has ever done that. I have also noticed that when for example a player is valued by me at £40m and a team shows interest the message will read something like "could be available for around £33m". I have always wondered if this last value is what the chairman would call "too good to refuse" based on my valuation.

Anyway I was gutted to lose him but I'd forgotten to increase his value as he broke into the first team. Now I set values 8x the players real values when I really want to keep them. I could just set to £200million but I believe this to be an exploit. If I have a player worth £4m and I value him at £32m then as I'm a champions league club with plenty of money and no need to sell I think this can be justified. I would probably sell any player for £40m though if the offer actually came.

I'd love an option to issue an ultimatum, or at least have some dialogue with the chairman with regards to selling players.

The current options of putting up with it or resigning aren't really good enough.

While at it add Death Threats to Chairman with possible selections:

1. Disturbing phone calls (gotta love prepaid phones!).

2. Letter written in blood (he won't know it's ketchup).

3. Chairman's mutilated pet on his doorstep (bloody thing was ugly and overweight anyway!).

4. A lock of hair from one of his children taped to a written threatening message (get those scissors and redo the hairstyle on one of your sister's unused dolls in the attic). :D

Seriously tho, such ultimatum (regarding sale of players) should be available. Though think about it, wouldn't be nice to say: "If that player is sold, I'll kill you!" that oughta get him in line.

Archived