AI manager

What stats determine what the opponents AI managers use i.e. formation, how much they defend/attack...

I was wondering if I would edit every manager as a superstar it would make the game harder?

Does anyone know what stats to change to make the game harder or easier in terms or AI oppositions formations/buying players correctly etc..?

Thanks

It would be worth remembering that you can't have every manager "buying players correctly".

As for formations - a setup can work well/badly depending on the oppositions formation.

There is no real way to edit teams and managers to play the game better.

:)One way might do it in the league that your in,alter the players,you need 20 for determination/consistancy/big games,,at least 14 for bravery,workrate/teamwork,aggresion,no lower than 9 for his attitude(sorry forgotn name)or thy'll get sent off),1 for inj of course,,doing this from memory,might be a couple more stats?,,,you could raise PA,if they are the best players in the world it dont matter wot manager and tactics are lol,,,,,,get the A1 to cheat you lol

What stats determine what the opponents AI managers use i.e. formation, how much they defend/attack...

I was wondering if I would edit every manager as a superstar it would make the game harder?

Does anyone know what stats to change to make the game harder or easier in terms or AI oppositions formations/buying players correctly etc..?

Thanks

I'm actually testing this on FM12 at the moment after trying it in FM11 with a small scale test that looked promising. Although its a long term experiment so I can't say one way or the other if improving AI managers attributes has any significant effect on how they impact the gameworld a few seasons into the game. It'll probably take 10 seasons minimum before its worth comparing a squad built by an improved manager to one built by a normal regen manager.

Anyway, what I did is created 200 "Elite" young managers with maxed out attributes in key areas and gave them high ambition so they'll hopefully move to bigger clubs when their reps increase (most of them currently manage in the lower leagues to begin with).

Something like the attributes I've edited below is what you would need to improve...

scaled.php?server=444&filename=manl.jpg&res=medium

But as SWaRFeGa says, there are loads of other factors involved so simply editing the abilty of AI managers may not be worth the time and effort put it, however if you want to save time you can have a copy of my elite managers DB to try... just PM me and I'll provide a link. Like I said, its a long term test so I don't have any conclusive proof one way or the other yet as I'm only into my 4th season so far. Also worth noting that if it does make the game "harder" its still only a temporary thing since eventually all 200 elite managers will one day leave the game through retirement, only to be replaced by normal regen ones again.

^

:)If it were a outfield coach(same as a manager probably) i was editing i'd change ,hardness of training to 15, Discipline 15 ,Mind games 1,Fitness 1,Goalkeepers 1,Patience 20,Physo 1,Tactical Attrib are very important also!,,if you leave anything as 0,the game when loaded will take it off other areas,,,after a few games(time)maybe 15 his stats may go down,Dertermination/Motivation and his role as coach/manager,in the game ie losing stars!,this will also happen if there are to many 20s,in Tactical Attrib they will remain the same as you put them in the editor!

Edit,of course a manager does not have stars only coachs,the only way to check is in FMRTE!?

Archived