Football Manager Problem - Please Help - Urgent!!!

Hi,

I bought Football Manager recently, but i had a few problems with it and the game was running really slow, so i sold it on ebay. The person who bought the game is saying it says the code on the back of the instructions has already been used and is linked to a steam account.

Surely this game cant be used again, that would be crazy?

How can i solve this? Do i give them my steam account details?

Thanks for any help.

Under no circumstances should you give your Steam account details to anyone!

What you should do, if you are a nice person, is to let the deal go back, FM2012 can't be sold to a 3 party, because once its activated, it can only be used on the steam account it whas activated on.

And the people that are buying will have the same problems! (Edit: or, as suggested below, they're selling pristine copies that haven't been activated).

I would suggest you write a letter to Sega complaining about the perverse way they treat their customers. They may claim that the Steam Subscriber Agreement that you are asked to agree to before buying the game (meaning you're expected to scour the small print at the back of the game then go home and log onto the internet before you buy it...) covers this treatment, but that agreement is extremely badly written. It's perfectly reasonable to read the agreement, believe you understand it, and still have no idea that you're being banned from reselling the game you thought you owned.

And the people that are buying will have the same problems! (Edit: or, as suggested below, they're selling pristine copies that haven't been activated).

I would suggest you write a letter to Sega complaining about the perverse way they treat their customers. They may claim that the Steam Subscriber Agreement that you are asked to agree to before buying the game (meaning you're expected to scour the small print at the back of the game then go home and log onto the internet before you buy it...) covers this treatment, but that agreement is extremely badly written. It's perfectly reasonable to read the agreement, believe you understand it, and still have no idea that you're being banned from reselling the game you thought you owned.

You do not own any game you have in your possession, no-one does. What you're paying for when you buy a game is a license to use that game. Passing/selling that license on to someone else has not actually been permitted for pretty much ever, with pretty much every game (not just Football Manager 12, literally any game from any company on any format).

Archived