Best way to sell the deadwood

free transfer IE letting them go and paying a fee is 100% the easiest way. The next easiest is trying to get other teams to take them for $0. I've noticed this vewrsion it's a bit hard to unload players, it did get better with the 12.1.1 update but it's still a bit hard

Getting rid of surplus players is too difficult on this FM. Clubs rarely bid, even when the player is a bargain for them, and on the rare occasions you get a bid the player will reject the move, even when they're on the transfer list by request.

If I'm really desperate to get rid of players, I just have to terminate their contracts.

i dont seem to have that much trouble selling unwanted players now.. were before down in the lower leagues it was hard and the best option was to release them to free up wages or let them go at the end off the year...

maybe try playing them in one or two games and then offer them to clubs...

The lumbering dinosaur that is the reputation system makes it very difficult to offload players. Players almost always refuse to look at options they see as beneath them, or to entertain the possibility of taking a wage cut, and AI clubs are blind to a lot of possibilities they would consider in real-life.

If you let them go via paying a fee, do you always pay off what their contract would be worth?

Sometimes a player may accept mutual termination, though it's very rare, so yes, generally you have to pay off their entire contract. I only do this if the player is causing disharmony within the club, or if I want to free up wages.

Sending a player out on loan can help, but I've even had problems sending a player on loan with no fee and with my club still paying wages (Ashley Young being a prime example)

Archived