Can anyone explain this to me please?

HastingsUnitedFixtures_Fixtures-2.png

As you can see from the screen shot I lost 1 game in 15 from 10th November to 19th Janaury

I then lost 7 games in a row! One of them to bottom of the league

This seems to happen all the time! Why???

Nothing has changed, same tactics, haven't brought any new players in, no long term injuries

I actually really like it when this happens! Sure, it is a nice feeling when your flying high in the league, but for me its even better when you manage to turn around an awful run of results and still manage to achieve your goals!

Keep at it, you will turn it around

i know right? i mean godddd when was the last time you saw a real life team lose form and dip for a number of matches in a season?

i mean.. im sure you've been changing things about to stop the rot right? and keeping morale up right? ....

"Nothing has changed, same tactics, haven't brought any new players in, no long term injuries "

... .... oh....carry on..

/end sarcasm

I actually really like it when this happens! Sure, it is a nice feeling when your flying high in the league, but for me its even better when you manage to turn around an awful run of results and still manage to achieve your goals!

Keep at it, you will turn it around

Thanks mate, a decent reply

This has essentially happened to me every season, always around Jan/Feb. Always off the back of a really good run of form too, which suggests complacency, however you're probably like me and don't like to change a winning formula. So I tend to keep doing what I'm doing rather than try and guess when complacency is going to hit and my team forgets how to play football. The season before last, we went into Christmas having won seven of eight and dominating matches, then went 11 without a win (averaging 3-5 shots a game), then ended the season winning seven in a row to take the title.

I usually switch to commentary only once I hit one of these patches too, as the 3D becomes unwatchable.

This has essentially happened to me every season, always around Jan/Feb. Always off the back of a really good run of form too, which suggests complacency, however you're probably like me and don't like to change a winning formula. So I tend to keep doing what I'm doing rather than try and guess when complacency is going to hit and my team forgets how to play football. The season before last, we went into Christmas having won seven of eight and dominating matches, then went 11 without a win (averaging 3-5 shots a game), then ended the season winning seven in a row to take the title.

I usually switch to commentary only once I hit one of these patches too, as the 3D becomes unwatchable.

Personally I have three tactics saved in match prep screen. My main one and a backup which, while being similar tactics, is a slightly different formation and a third completely different tactic which I hardly ever use except for injuries as it doesn't require wingers. After the first defeat followed by an abject first half in the second game I'll switch from my main tactic until back to winning ways. This usually works and I rarely go as many games without a win as the OP. Just playing with the same starting 11 and same tactics week in and week out will definately see a run like above at some stage. You have to react when these slumps start to shorten them.

Archived