Do Players Get Taller?

I have just gotten a fresh batch of regens in my current save and a few 15 year old's and a 14yo. One of the players had a a 15 jumping attribute and has other good target man potentials but he is only 5'8 and i got to wondering if he would grow taller. People at 14/15 obviously arent fully developed so i was wondering whether this detail on their profile page changes as they fill out and get taller or if they just stay the same height.

I have done a few long term saves in the past and have never thought to check this before so i was wondering if anyone else had noticed this happening?

I have just gotten a fresh batch of regens in my current save and a few 15 year old's and a 14yo. One of the players had a a 15 jumping attribute and has other good target man potentials but he is only 5'8 and i got to wondering if he would grow taller. People at 14/15 obviously arent fully developed so i was wondering whether this detail on their profile page changes as they fill out and get taller or if they just stay the same height.

I have done a few long term saves in the past and have never thought to check this before so i was wondering if anyone else had noticed this happening?

I know they did on previous versions so I presume they still do, although I haven't actually noticed anyone become taller on FM12.

actully will check this for you, i have a pretty long game

i cant actully find many players to compare this too, I checked a 16 year old Carlos Fierro in my game whos weight is 64kg and 175cm in 2011, His weight in 2021 is 65kg and 175cm but will check some regens

Height has no impact on the match engine, only jumping/heading. a 5'8 could easily beat a 6'5 if he has the right stats for it.

Not true.

From the official manual: "Heading: This is a player’s competence in aerial situations. Heading applies to all situations and is only about the player’s ability to head the ball well. Jumping (and to a lesser extent Strength) plays a big part in combination with heading to utilize the attribute to a greater level, as well as a player’s height."

And again: "Aerial Ability: This is a goalkeeper’s ability to deal with the ball in aerial situations – punching and catching. Goalkeepers with higher ratings here will be able to deal with these potentially tricky situations more capably. Taller goalkeepers may have an advantage as well, but that isn’t to say smaller ones will struggle."

And from PaulC himself: "In FM2009 height is used in the match engine for the first time. It decides the threshold at which a player treats a ball as "in the air". Jumping still decides how high they can get to the ball. "

So what impact does it have in Fm2012?

i tried doing a seach for the answer, beacause im sure i saw it posted somewhere from one of you tactics Gurus

is The Hand of God correct?

They are correct yes and provided you the link. It still does the same as it did in FM09 as far as I know. If you saw one of us post something then it was probably before FM09.

Archived